Hotels in Dresden

May 20th, 2000, 02:33 PM
Barbara

Hotels in Dresden

We are planning on spending a couple of nights in Dresden on our way to Prague. Can anyone recommend small inexpensive hotels?

May 20th, 2000, 07:49 PM
Linda

If you have a car, we stayed at a cute little place near an old ferry crossing about 2 miles south of the city center across the street from the river. It is called Gastehaus Hesse. Our friends in Dresden found it for us. It is a small place with clean nice rooms & a nice breakfast. We paid $35/2 but I think she got us a deal.

May 21st, 2000, 01:33 AM
chris

Hi!
We stayed just outside of Dresden in Pesterwitz, in a hotel called "Pesterwitzer Siegel". It was lovely, clean, spacious, modern and inexpensive. The drive to town was about 10 minutes. I don't have the phone number handy, but I could find out if you're interested.
Enjoy!

May 21st, 2000, 10:09 AM
Barbara

I forgot to tell you that we will be traveling with a rail pass. Need something reachable from the Bahnhof

May 23rd, 2000, 03:04 AM
chris

Hi!
Well, as you're coming out of the station and heading into downtown along the "Prager Str.", there are 3 large buildings on the left, all three Ibis hotels. They are inexpensive - but it's Ibis (don't know if you're familiar with the chain - large French chain of inexpensive hotels). These hotels date from communist times but have been remodeled (obviously).
The other place I recommended I suppose you could reach on public transport, but that would probably be impractical for you.