Reload this Page >

Hotels in Denmark..

Search

Hotels in Denmark..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:37 PM
Connie

Hotels in Denmark..

Husband and I will be in Copenhagen Sept. 29 - Oct 1. Trying to locate good hotel. Moneywise, between $100. - $150. USD. We prefer to use hotels that we've heard good reviews of. We would also like to stay close to the center of town, but we'll have a rental car, so going out side of the center is okay too. Maybe a nice Bed & Breakfast. Any ideas would be appreciated- Thanks- Connie

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:29 PM
Anna

Try the Danmark. Clean, quiet, centrally located, but stop outside the front door, walk to Tivoli and Stroget in less than 5 minutes. Around the corner from the National Museum. We payed about $130 a night for a double with en suite bath in May 1999, breakfast included. The Danmark has always gotten good reviews on this forum. They have a website. Search Hotel Danmark. Don't rent a car in Copenhagen. Traffic and parking are crazy. Get a 72-hour Copenhagen Card. Gts you into most tourist attractions, and you can hop on and off any bus or train for miles in and around Copenhagen and it is EASY to use their public transportation, though almost everything you will want to see is within walking distance of the Danmark. Rent the car when you are ready to leave Copenhagen, or if you are only going to Copenhagen, don't rent one at all. You can buy your Copenhagen card at the airport and there is a direct train to city center from there. There are no B&B's in Copenhagen. There are tourist rooms. The TI office up the street from Tivoli can book you one for a small fee.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:30 PM
Anna

Oops, that's BUS stop outside the front door of the Danmark.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:59 AM
Joe

Agree with everything Anna said. Hotel Danmark is very well located. Get an upper floor room facing to the back of the hotel. Gives you a view over the roof tops of the old section and its quiet. The rooms are nicely decorated and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We were on the fifth floor. <BR>A car in Copenhagen is a waste. Good public transportation everywhere, including to Frederiksborg Castle and to the Viking Shiips and Cathedral at Roskilde. Both are highly recommended and thirty minutes each by train from Copenhagen (you can go from one to the other as well).

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:46 AM
Boots

Dear Connie,<BR>Anna and Joe have given good advice, though I prefer seeing what's going on in the street to quiet, so I always ask for a street side room. I have stayed at the Danmark many times and like it. However, I have stayed at the Palace the last three times, all in the past year. The location is slightly more central, and I have been lucky in being upgraded all three times. You might do a search for both hotels and compare prices. You should be satisfied with either. Both have parking garages for an extra cost. Boots

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:21 AM
Greg

<BR> When I was there last spring, I thought Hotel d'Angleterre has the best location with great facilities. Right in the Kongens Nytorv square between Stroget & the Nyhavn port cafes. You can walk everywhere very comfortably.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Lee

Hi Connie<BR><BR>I just returned from Copenhagen and stayed at First Hotel in Vesterbro. Location was good, rooms were clean and well equipped. There's a car park adjoining hotel. I was charged 1202DKK a night.<BR><BR>For a full description, see my entry under "First Hotel Vesterbro". I wish you a pleasant time in Copenhagen, especially shopping for Amber jewelry !

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Shannon

We just returned, and stayed at the Radisson SAS Royal, just across from the Tivoli Gardens at Hammerichsgade 1. If you go to the Radissonsas.com website, you will find good web deals on their rooms within your price range.<BR><BR>While the outside is non-descript, they have lovingly restored the inside to its original Arne Jacobsen 60's danish design, including furniture (all now in vogue again). The rooms were perfect and huge. We had 2 adjoining rooms, room 311 and 312, which take up an entire side of the building. The buffet breakfast was great, and room 311 overlooked Tivoli Gardens. The staff was exceptional.<BR><BR>We tried booking at the Danmark first, but it was more expensive, and I have to say I'm glad we opted for the Radisson. <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Benita

I'll have to agree with Shannon about the SAS Radisson Royal. We spent a couple nights there a few weeks ago before leaving on a cruise, and were already familiar with it, since we'd stayed a whole week there last summer.<BR><BR>It's very centrally located, across the Tivoli and close to the central train station. In fact, last year we took the train back to the Kastrup airport when leaving, and this year we rode the train in as we arrived. Only about a 10-minute ride each way and very inexpensive.<BR><BR>The Stroget pedestrian (shopping) street is only a few blocks away, also many good restaurants (try Ankara Turkish buffet), and other services.<BR><BR>The Radisson rooms are nice, we had a suite both last year and this year. The whole wall was covered with windows and had beautiful views. Last year we stayed on the top (20th?) floor, right next to the restaurant, this year on the 14th floor. The breakfast buffet is very good (the one on the top floor) and the personnel is friendly and speak good English. I highly recommend it.<BR><BR>Have fun!<BR>Benita