Hotels in Budapest

Oct 15th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Budapest

Will be spending 2 days in Budapest in April and need some help with where to stay!
Oct 15th, 2006, 08:54 AM

We stayed at Hotel Victoria. It was very comfortable, with a good breakfast, which staff cooked to order. I can't recall whether it was on the Buda or the Pest side, but it was within walking distance of the other side. We paid 118 euros per night.

The only disadvantage was that it was on a heavily-trafficked road. That wasn't a problem for us, as we sleep with earplugs when we travel, but it might be for those who don't.
Oct 15th, 2006, 10:46 AM

We also stayed at Victoria at end of March this year, and we loved it. We had no problem with the noise. Our room was at 8th floor. All the rooms have fabulous view of Parliament, Danube and Chaines Bridge. The breakfast was very good. The rooms were large with huge windows. It is located in Buda, very good position.
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM

Or you could try a B&B. We liked this one:

http://www.bellevuebudapest.com/inde...en&faz=1&aaz=0
Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:36 AM

I recommend Golden Stars Apartment from http://www.budapest.hoteltargets.com...mmodation.html

Not only was it in a very convenient location (steps from Vaci Utca pedestrian shopping/eating area and
also a 5 minute walk to the Grand Market Hall) it was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. It also had a
modern kitchen and bathroom with a washer. Most importantly, the bed was very comfortable and the building was quiet.

I looked at lots of hotels beforehand, and for the cost, this apartment far exceeds them in value and quality.
Oct 22nd, 2006, 06:46 AM

How much budget that you have per night? There are many hotels in Budapest. You can let me know the range of budget and style of hotels you like.
Sep 20th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Ibiza girl.

Where did you stay eventually ??

Sep 30th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

we stayed at the starlight suites, a few blocks from the main bridge across the river..it was an amazing hotel, pretty much a full apartment....it was about $160 US a night...