Reload this Page >

hotels in Bodrun,Kusadaci,Pamukalae

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 12:02 PM
bob

Traveling to Turkey in two weeks. Interested in nice, clean AC hotels. prefer Turkish style, good service,etc. for Bofrum, Kusadaci, Pamukalae. <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 10:07 PM
Martha B

I was in those places pre-Fodors forum, so didn't take notes, but general ideas-- <BR>The climate is pretty dry in Turkey, so AC isn't as important as you might think. Even on hot days, it can be pleasant at night. Bring insect repellent, though, in case you decide to sleep with the windows open. <BR>Are you prepared for Turkish-style breakfasts? Turkish tea is simply superb, but I found black olives and cucumbers a little weird the first thing in the morning. <BR>In Bodrum, there are a lot of purpose-built resort hotels outside the town; sort of semi-all-inclusives. There are also a few older, Turkish-style hotels, which are freshly renovated, right in the downtown area. <BR>In Kusadasi, there are nice hotels right along the waterfront. Unlike the ones in downtown Bodrum, they aren't very "Turkish style," but they're pleasant. <BR>In Pamukkale, the motels right on top of the "cotton castle" with their own warm pools would be best. (I didn't stay anywhere of the sort-- came in by public bus, went blindly off with the first tout who offered a room, and ended up in a perfectly enchanting place in the suburbs, complete with swimming pool and free ride to the formations. But I believe not everyone likes to travel that way.) A lot of Pamukkale is apparently closed, so get current information before you go there. Have a good trip.

Old Jul 17th, 1999, 02:35 PM
bo_jack

In Kusadaci, we thoroughly enjoyed the Kissmit -- a little ways out of town on a peninsula overlooking the yacht harbor -- more British than Turkish in style, but very nice -- especially rooms in the small building overlooking the harbor away from the main hotel.

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 09:32 PM
Allan

Contact Mr Leonard Ahmet. He has lived and worked in Turkey for 27 years. He is an expert on just what you need. His e-mail address is [email protected] and his phone in the States is 1-888-turkey2. His programs, tours, prices are absolutely the best. Check his web site out at www.turkishtours.com We used his services twice and we are going to see the last Solar Eclipse of the Century on August 11. This guy is honest, loves to help and if you use his tours he is the least expensive one we contacted. In Pammukkale he puts you up at a 4 star hotel, with the mineral baths, massage and half-board included. His hotel discounts are huge. In fact we are surprised that he isn't in the Fodor's guide as a best buy. His firm is unique in that he never takes over 10 people at a time...nice slow pace with a personalized itinerary to fit your wishes. As you can tell, we enjoyed his services very much. My children were well taken care of, explained lots of history and they really enjoyed themselves. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 08:16 AM
shurman

Like Bo Jack, I also stayed at the Kismet Hotel ( I believe this is the correct spelling)in Kusadasi in 1992, and liked it very much. It has beautiful grounds, and scenery, and was impeccably clean ( and very reasonably priced).

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 03:08 AM
Mehmet SEN

<BR>Hello, <BR> <BR>Please check out this page which contains relevant info regarding travel in Turkey. <BR>www.lodgingturkey.com <BR> <BR>Have a safe trip, <BR> <BR>Mehmet