Reload this Page >

Hotels in Berlin

Search

Hotels in Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Art

Hotels in Berlin

Hi Folks, I'm looking for a hotel in Berlin for early September. I don't care for upscale hotels (ie 4 or 5 star), but am looking for something near the K-Dam. <BR>Thanks in advance <BR>Art <BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 08:16 AM
ellie

Not sure whether you'd consider it too upscale, but I can highly recommend Heckers Hotel. We spent a week there recently and were delighted with the location (steps from the Ku'dam - close to U and S Bahn stations), service, quality of the rooms and price. Check out their website (heckers-hotel.com) for pricing info. Spotlessly clean, very quiet for a city hotel - we thought it a real bargain. I booked over the web and was more than pleased with the quick response to my emails - they even had our rooms ready for us at 7 am on our arrival date and did not charge extra. Very hip decor and friendly staff.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 09:26 AM
helen

I recently stayed at the hotel Bogota(www.hotelbogota.de)-fairly basic but clean, cheap and friendly and just off the Ku'damm.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Hans

Hi, <BR>try Pension Sylivia. Ask for a room with a shower. Only 250 yards off Ku'damm. A lot of good restaurants. About $ 45 including breakfast. You find the telephone number in the directories or use t-online <BR>Regards Hans

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Art

Hans, I was unable to find anything under t-online. Is this supposed to be a website? The Pension sounds interesting and I'd like to explore it. <BR>Thanks <BR>Art <BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Yana

Art, I stayed at Hotel California right on K-Dam. Can't remember exact price we paid, unfortunately. I think it was over $100 for a double, although it's not 4 or 5 stars. Hotel was decent,breakfast was really good, location - just perfect! They play that song of Eagles all the time, no...kidding. You'll be able to find them thru google.com, just type in Hotel California in Berlin. <BR>Good luck!

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 05:11 AM
Paige

Here's one more for you: Hotel Pension Funk, a block off Ku'Damm. I think it was about 150dm per double with bathroom and breakfast. It's on the 1st floor (2nd American) on a quiet street in a nice, old building. I think it's named after a silent screen star who used to live there.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Linda

Check nethotels.com for hotel/pension and event information.