Hotels in Beaune?

Search

Hotels in Beaune?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Beaune?

We are visiting Beaune at the end of this month and are trying to decide on a hotel. We have heard that Hotel Grillon is nice and are inquiring about availability. Two others have also caught our eye - Hotel Le Cep and Hotel Villa Louise. Hotel Villa Louise is located "five minutes north of Beaune". Is it better to stay in town? Would it make sense to stay one night in town and one night outside of town? Any other suggestions? Thank you!
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 01:36 AM

I have stayed in the Villa Louise. It is in a small village just next to Beaune. It is a lovely hotel with amazing views of the vineyards for the rooms on the back. They also serve an nice breakfast outside right next to the vineyards but it might be a bit cold for that. The people at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. They arranged dinner for us in a nearby restaurant one night and prepared a cheese platter one afternoon so that we could enjoy it on our terrace. We were there durning the heatwave and they collected all the fans they had for us (no AC).

The village is fine to stroll in but there is really nothing to speak of in the way of shops. It is an easy drive into Beaune and you can park centrally downtown with ease for the most part. Unless you are going before xmas where there may be a rush of xmas shoppers.

It really depends on what you want. If you want to walk out your door to shops and restaurants then stay in Beaune. We prefer the peace of the country side and were willing to make the short drive into town.
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 01:37 AM

BTW: Dont move, too much trouble to change hotels. Either stay in town or out.
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 05:44 AM

Just outside of Beaune is Hostellerie de Levernois. A beautiful country hotel, with a superb one star (I think, maybe two) restaurant. We stayed there for 5 days in May 2002, it was fabulous, and a great base for exploring Burgundy.
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 06:48 AM

Greetings,

Sounds like you have several good suggestions, but I would add that by staying right in Beaune you have the pleasure of being able to walk around without the car issue--and it is a wonderfully walkable town with a terrific market--and it is so nice to see the Hospices and central square all lit up at night--it is easy to get out of town for touring, so that is not a problem, but we often find it is so pleasant to be able to walk to restaurants in the evening and enjoy an aperitif and wine with dinner without the driving issue--the levels in France are strict, should u get stopped.

Just a thought--we love Beaune and often stop there for a day or 2 on our way to other places. Have a grand time.

Robyn France
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 08:19 AM

I'd vote for Le Cep also---right in the center, nice rooms and pleasant staff. And the ability to walk all over town without a car makes it even more worth while. But your own preference has to be the determining factor. Beaune is not a large city, so you don't face the typical problems of noise or traffic when you stay in town. To me, Le Cep is perfect and I really enjoyed staying there. Good luck.