Hotels for October Como Area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2023, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone! A friend and I (early/mid 40s) are going to the Como region in October and are looking for hotel suggestions as a homebase for 7 nights. We're thinking Varenna, Menaggio or Como itself. Maybe Tremezzo? We will have a rental car, and plan to visit the towns by boat and drive to Switzerland for a day trip. We panic booked the Filario in Lezzeno, but wondering what other hotels there are? We keep seeing the same ones on CNT and T+L lists, and looking for some other recommendations as we like nice hotels, but not $2k/night each nice since we're getting separate rooms Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you!
Jennifer
Old Jul 17th, 2023, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We loved staying at Hotel du Lac in Bellagio on Lake Como. Convenient, ferried over to Lugano, easy to connect back to Milan for departure, etc. Quiet, and absolutely nothing to tour or see. We had just come from hectic prior weeks in Italy & France. Fine restaurant and bar.
Old Jul 17th, 2023, 01:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Loved, loved our stay at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo

Took boats to all the small towns, drove into Switzerland, favorite dinner at Al Veluu in the hills above Tremezzo.
Least favorite town was Como
Old Jul 17th, 2023, 02:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We've stayed multiple times at the Florence Hotel in Bellagio and the Hotel du Lac in Varenna. Obviously, we've had no problems with either, but parking would be a bit easier at the du Lac in Varenna. I prefer the rooms at the Florence but prefer the views from the du Lac. I enjoy both towns equally, but if the visit is in the early days of October I'd rather be in generally less-crowded Varenna. The ferry service to Lezzeno would be too infrequent to work for me. Not a fan of Como.

https://www.navigazionelaghi.it/wp-c...lico_E2023.pdf