Reload this Page >

Hotel with mini refrigerator

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 10:51 AM
weeb

Working vacation in Paris and would like a hotel with small refrig so I can do some eating in room. Apartments for a week seem too complicated. <BR>Thanks

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Peg

Weeb, There are many hotels in Paris with refridgerators or "mini-bars". I even stayed in an inexpensive and very comfortable two star in the 6th (Hotel Bonaparte) and had one in my room. There are also hotels with kitchenettes if you want to be able to reheat food and have dishes and glassware. Send me an e-mail if you'd like suggestions for those.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:43 AM
Lisa

In Barcelona we stayed at Aprtment citadines which was great. there were a few in Paris and we were sorry that we did not stay there instead of a hotel. You can stay there for as many or as few nights as you choose. The system is exactly like a hotel with a front desk etc. Only difference was (at the one in Barcelona,) if you want daily maid service, its an optional extra. <BR>try the following URL http://www.citadines.com/ukindex0.htm

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:16 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>if you go to www.hotelboulevard.com <BR>or www.paris.org I believe the hotel descriptions mention whether of not there are minibars. Without knowing how much you want to spend, it's hard to make recommendations of places that I know have them. <BR>I have been known to empty out a minibar of most of the non-perishables in order to make room for food or medications. <BR>There's no law against it. Just make <BR>sure you stack the removed stuff somewhere neatly, so you can put it all back when you leave and not be charged

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:24 AM
Ursula

Basically, all hotels 3-star and upwards must have a mini-bar. <BR>You can also check a lot of details about hotels at <BR>www.paris-touristoffice.com <BR>Go to "organize your stay" and then to "hotel". <BR>You can choose regarding price, stars, area, metro stop, etc. <BR>You will then find detailled info of all the places. Most have a direct link for their own website.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:02 AM
Anne

Isn't it possible to ask a hotel to remove min-bar items so you don't have them in your room? Seems a good idea to me. Especially if you're like me and the chocolate bars start calling your name late at night.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:30 AM
Christina

A minibar may be enough, it is for me, but if you want a little more space, more like a kitchenette, try Residence Henri IV in the Latin Qtr (see www.smallandeleganthotels.com) very reasonable, about 800F double, in a good location, or Hotel du Vert Galant in a decent part of the 13th arr near Gobelins metro (see comments on www.paris.org/Hotels or http://paris.hotelguide.net/data/h100092.htm), that is a little cheaper I think if you need but be sure to ask as I think some of their kitchenettes you cannot cook in, something funny (may be fine if you only need frig). Also, to avoid complications or deposits for apts, if you don't mind modern, just try an apartment/hotel which will have kitchenette like the chains Citadines (www.citadines.com) or Orion; I also like Villa Luxembourg, www.villa-luxembourg.com, it has great location and was always reviewed well previously under diff. owners (by Cheaps Sleeps books, etc) so I presume it hasn't gotten worse.