Hotel w/ Easy Access to LHR

Apr 27th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Hotel w/ Easy Access to LHR

Hello,

My hubby and I staying 4 nights at the Park Lane in Piccadilly and will be moving hotels the last night cause the PL was booked our last night. Since our flight doesn't leave until noonish, I would like to spend the last night enjoying the city but would like to stay somewhere closer to LHR. Any recommendations? Howabout the K&K George near Earl's Court--wouldn't that be closer to the train to LHR? Thank you for the pointers!
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM

Yes - that hotel should be close to the Piccadilly Line, which goes directly to Heathrow.

Otherwise you could try to get a hotel near Paddington Station and take the Heathrow Express.
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:37 PM

Millenium Knightsbridge is only a block away from the Underground with the Picadilly line straight to LHR.
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:39 PM

There is a Hilton above Paddington station which is about as convenient as you can get for the Heathrow Express. Alternatively, as WillTravel said, anywhere near a Piccadilly line tube stop is fine. Le Meridien Piccadilly is particularly nice and very close to the Piccadilly tube stop.
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:48 PM

I would not particularly want to stay in Earl's Court.

For convenience to LHR choose either 1) anyplace along the Picadilly Line (near S. Kens or Gloucester Rd is good because there are sooooo many hotel choices), OR 2) near Paddington for the HEX