Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Suggestions in Rome, Florence, Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2005, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heading on our honeymoon there, any suggestions on nice hotels in these cities? Thanks for your feedback!
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 06:16 AM

Welcome to the board. In order to help you, we need some additional information. First, when are you going and what is your budget? Also, it would be nice to know whether you have done any research thus far since this question is asked many times a day on this board. You can easily scroll down and look at many suggestions or type in "Rome hotels" in the search field. It's nice to see when someone comes to the board with a choice of hotels and we can help you narrow it down depending on our personal experiences there.

There are also amny great websites to help you get started, like www.venere.com and www.tripadvisor.com
but first and foremost you need to establish your budget per night.
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 06:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Pensione La Calcina, 3-star in Venice, reserve a front corner room with a view of the Guidecca canal. Don't know how fancy you're looking for but I would consider this one "honeymoon worthy" for sure. www.lacalcina.com
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 07:10 AM

Very exciting! Your budget would help but I know that hotels were one thing we splurged on for our honeymoon. I can highly recommend Palazzo Niccolini in Florence. It was just down the street from the Duomo.

There are only seven rooms so the service is incredible. The rooms are beautiful, romantic and charming, but are up to date as far as amenities. The breakfast was great and served in a amazing room.

The only negative I can remember is noise at night. Its not that bad, but if you are a light sleeper (like myself), every so often a motorbike would fly by at 2am and wake me up. I have a feeling this would be an issue at many centrally located hotels. Maybe request an internal room. I just used my earplugs and was fine. Hubby slept like a rock (as usual!)

However, if it means anything to you, I would stay again in a heartbeat!

We actually booked all of our hotels for our honeymoon through a company called Select Italy. We probably spend more than we would have, had we booked everything ourselves, but with the added stress of planning a wedding, we thought it well worth it!

http://www.florenceby.com/niccolini/

We stayed in the Jr. Suite standard (on the site, under photo gallery, our room was the one on the right and bathroom was the last one pictured)

When are you going?
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 07:18 AM

Okay, I just looked at the pricing on that stie and I highly doubt we paid that much!! We splurged but not $450 per night! Grated it was Sept. 2003--did prices go up that much?

Here is another site for this hotel with much more reasonable rates. Not sure why the huge discrepancy.

http://www.web-florence-hotels.com/f...AL%20DUOMO.htm
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM

Hi
We stayed at the Santa Chiara in Rome. It is around the corner from the Pantheon and a great location. My wife and I like to walk and it was very convenient to most of the Roman tourist areas by walking. Happy Honeymoon.