Reload this Page >

Hotel suggestions in Lisbon and Sintra

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Danielle

My aunt and uncle will be traveling to Portugal next April and would like to spend one night in Lisbon and one night in Sintra. They want to stay at a hotel where English is spoken since they have no travel experience in Europe. Can anyone recommend nice, reasonably priced hotels in Lisbon and Sintra? Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Julia

We stayed at the Lisboa Tejo Hotel in Lisbon. The location was great and the rooms were a good size (at least the one we had). We did not speak Portuguese, our luggage was lost for 3 days and the staff could not have been nicer.<BR><BR>website - <BR><BR>http://www.maisturismo.pt/lisbtejo

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 10:08 AM
John G

Hotel Mundial in Baixa, which is downtown Lisbon. It is in easy walking, metro, cabbing distance to all the big sites. Even the maids here spoke English. I think I paid $110 a night for my nice, clean, modern-bath room.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Lauren

If you are looking for something a bit cheaper, the Hotel Presidente is a good choice. It was clean, within walking distance of most major sites and the staff spoke great english. I think we paid about $80 for double room. The top floor rooms have balconies - which we got for no extra charge - ask for them if you choose this hotel.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Kristen

We stayed at a lovely inn called Casa Miradouro on our last trip to Sintra. Check it out at www.casa-miradouro.com<BR><BR>The rooms and breakfast were fantastic, and the owner/operator does speak English. He will also answer questions via email. The only negative is that it might be a little difficult to walk into the "heart" of Sintra due to the windy roads and few hills. We had a car, so we parked it in "downtown" (as if!) when we went out for sight-seeing and food.<BR><BR>It's a shame they're only spending one night in Sintra! It's so beautiful - they'll love it.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Kristen

We stayed at a lovely inn called Casa Miradouro on our last trip to Sintra. Check it out at www.casa-miradouro.com<BR><BR>The rooms and breakfast were fantastic, and the owner/operator does speak English. He will also answer questions via email. The only negative is that it might be a little difficult to walk into the "heart" of Sintra due to the windy roads and few hills. We had a car, so we parked it in "downtown" (as if!) when we went out for sight-seeing and food.<BR><BR>It's a shame they're only spending one night in Sintra! It's so beautiful - they'll love it.