Hotel selections, help

Search

Hotel selections, help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel selections, help

We are finalizing our hotels. Has anyone stayed at these? Do they have a view?
Naxos - Galini
Paros - Manto
Santorini - thea studios or Lena House, or Blue dolphin or Delfini?
Athens - Attalos
Input much appreciated!
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Can't decide between Glaros hotel and galini hotel. What do you think?
Thanks
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you checked on www.tripadvisor.com ? The candid photos taken by other travellers are very useful to see if there is a view, etc. Since they changed the site, it seems you have to click to read the whole review, then the travellers photos appear (look at the top of the page).
Kay
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd re-post w/ a better title. "Hotel selections, help" could be asking about anyplace in Europe.

I'd try something like "Opinions of these hotels - Athens, Santorini, Paros and Naxos?"
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM

On Naxos, Galini and Glaros are about 30 meters apart in the St George Beach area.
Galini has a limited view across a parking lot to a small beach area. Every room at Glaros has ocean view.

Glaros will be marginally more expensive but the breakfast at Galini is said to be better.

If view matters then Glaros should be your choice.

In Athens, Attalos is a winner for the budget traveler. It is located about 200 meters from the Monastraki metro station and an easy walk to the Plaka and acropolis.
It is reasonably priced has a fair breakfast and a wonderful rooftop bar with a great view of the Acropolis. The rooms are basic but I prefer to save money on accommodation and spend it at a taverna.

In Santorini we chose to stay at Blue Dolphin. We had taken our children and needed an apartment with two rooms at a reasonable price. Blue Dolphins has a caldera view and we spent hours watching the cruise boats and ferrys.

Blue Dolphins is about a kilometer from the center of Fira. It is an easy walk along the cliff top overlooking the caldera. The distance has its advantages because you get a good nights sleep in peach and quiet away from the clubs and activities in Fira.

One lesson we learned, after eating too much at a taverna in Fira take a taxi home, as it is all uphill on the way back.
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

I think that the Glaros hotel has seaview, but the studios only have a balcony and no view. Is that true? the hotel is fully booked, but the apt/studios are available. We would take it if there was a view, but I think not. Can you clarify?
Thanks
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at Iliada Studios? Does it have a view and what do you think about the hotel?
thanks
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 09:35 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
pvron: You got exactly TWO responses w/ useable info in a week. Now you've buried two more very specific questions at the end of a thread that still has generic title.

I'm not trying to be mean here - I am trying to help you use the forum more effectively.

I would re-post w/ a title something like "Naxos - Glaros hotel studios - Any info?"
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for suggestion