Search

Hotel Recommendation - Paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Recommendation - Paris

Hello all,
It's gonna be my first trip to Paris in Nov. I'm planning to visit the following places:
(1) Eiffel Tower
(2) Louvre Museum
(3) Seine River Cruise
(4) Notre Dame Cathedral
(5) Palace of Versailles
(6) Champs Elysees
(7) Arc De Triomphe
(8) Moulin Rouge
(9) Place De La Concord
(10) Lafayette Dept Store
Could you please recommend a few hotels that are within walking distance to these places, or within bus/metro network. I'm looking for 3-4 stars, clean, modern hotel, $100-$150 US per night.
THANKS.....
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 12:14 PM

Hi Miffy, it's great that this is <b> going </b> to be your fist trip to Paris, you will have a wonderful time, I'm sure. Paris is very easy to get around thanks to the metro, and all the places on your list are easily accessible. You might want to concentrate your hotel hunt to the 1-8 arrondisments, and look for a 3 star in your range. I don't think you'll get a 4 in your budget but mot to worry, the 2 and 3 star hotels recommended by people here are very clean and in desirable locations. A Paris street map, a search here, and some websites like http://www.eurocheapo.com/paris or http://www.123france.com (there are many more) will get you off to a good start. There have been some good suggestions on this forum for hotels in your range, including:

Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais
12 rue Vieille du Temple, Paris, France 75004
Doubles from 122 Euro
phone: (33-1) 42 72 34 12; fax: (33-1) 42 72 34 63;
email: [email protected]
web site: http://www.carondebeaumarchais.com/

Hotel Victoria Chatelet
1 Block from the Seine, right near the Chatelet Metro Station, 1st Arrondissment
17 Avenue Victoria . Paris 75001 - Tel: (+33) 01 40 26 90 17 - Fax: (+33) 01 40 26 35 61
Double is 84 to 87 Euros
website is http://www.hovicha.com

Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc (not a 3 star but great location!)
3, rue de Jarente (4th ? Marais)
PHONE: 01 48 87 62 11
FAX: 01 48 87 37 31
TUBE: St-Paul
www.hoteljeannedarc.com
Doubles are 78 to 92 Euros

Hotel Saint Jacques
35, rue des Ecoles (5th ? Latin Quarter)
Phone : 33 (0)1 44 07 45 45
Fax : 33 (0)1 43 25 65 50
Double Room 103 Euro breakfast included
E-mail : [email protected]
www.hotel-saintjacques.com

Have fun planning!
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 12:15 PM

Have you searched on this forum and other sites that are always recommended...like venere.com or tripadvisor.com?
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 12:24 PM

I believe that everywhere you want to visit is on the Railroad/metro/bus system. Paris, I think, is also very walkable. As big lively cities go, Paris seems to me to be quite safe, as well.
Last November, I stayed in the single at the Hotel Relais du Louvre - 3 stars, right next to the Louvre...and I heartily recommend it. That should fit in your budget. The single was perhaps $120 a night. And its &quot;cozy&quot;!
(But I had started out in a disaster of an apartment and needed to be pampered... &lt;GRIN&gt
There are some lovely 2 star hotels as well...
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM

Hi
Unless you luck out at a website like Priceline where you can bid on a hotel, it's unlikely that you're going to get a 4 star hotel in Paris for $150 per night. Are you looking for a single?

As said, all of the places you mention are on on most tourists' itineraries, and any hotel in the single-digit arrondissements (districts) will be convenient enough. You should check the location of any hotel on a map of Paris to see if it looks close to a metro stop if you're planning on taking the metro a lot.

In addition to the hotels all ready mentioned, the following hotels get almost universally great reviews both here, and at tripadvisor.com and other sources.
These all have elevators and most basic amenities, but they are not luxury hotels. All have great locations.
Some are more modernized than others, but all are said to have pleasant rooms and good working bathrooms. Some have extras like minibars and satellite tv.

Grand Hotel des Balcons
Hotel Saint-Jacques
Hotel Bonaparte
Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc
Hotel Saint-Roch

I have a long file on Paris; if you'd like to see it, email me at
[email protected]

Old Sep 17th, 2004, 04:06 AM

Hi Miffy...

Maybe you can effectively stay in the area of Le Louvre...because the different places you want to visit are for certain really at the opposite side of others...So as your budget seems to be large..you can stay in the Louvre area. The Hotel Du Continent is a 3 star hotel near Le Louvre...and it is really modern and clean. Have a look on its website: www.hotel-du-continent.com!!!