Hotel reccomendation cote azur

May 16th, 2001, 09:51 AM
kate

Hotel reccomendation cote azur

Please recommend a hotel for our 2 night stay 3 star and above.
thank you

May 16th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Larry

For value and location, you will work hard to beat le Petite Castel. Check them out at:
www.hotel-petitcastel.com

Larry

May 19th, 2001, 06:00 AM
elyse

WE just stayed at Le Cagnard, part of the Relais and Chateau,
for 2 nights in Cagnes sur Mer...
It was really charming and unusual...and the restaurant, whether you stay there or not- is superb!!!!!!!!!

May 20th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Alex

Kate:

The riviera is a big place.

In the west, which my wife prefers, I'd strongly recommend Saint Tropez, which we love. Those are the best beaches. Great shopping and restaurants. Very good museum at the edge of the harbor. Know that the best hotels there are not on and cannot see the beaches. We loved Le (?) Mandarine, a 4* property, though it's quiet. It has a first rate restaurant and private beach, a short drive. Our room was very large and well appointed, comparing favorably with 5 star properties in the States.

In the east, no natural sandy beaches, I loved St. Jean Cap Ferrat's La Voile d'Or 4*(Golden Sail), which is right on the water on the tip of the isthmus. Again, the area is quiet. Close to Eze, Monacco, Cannes and Nice, the closet airport.
Neither hotel is inexpensive. I recollect 2500-3000 ff per night. Worth every sous, though.

May 21st, 2001, 08:52 AM
hans

In March my wife and stayed at the Auberge de Tourrettes in Tourrettes-sur-Loup. We liked it because it was located in a small medieval hill village, yet only a half hour from the coast by car. The inn was comfortable and newly rennovated -- try and get the room with the terrace so you can have breafast there in the morning. The restaurant is superb!

http://www.aubergedetourrettes.fr/

you can see more shots of the village and the inn in the Cote d'Azur, part 2 album at

http://community.webshots.com/user/zaepfels