Reload this Page >

Hotel on Cinque Terra

Search

Hotel on Cinque Terra

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 02:12 PM
Leslie Byrne

Hotel on Cinque Terra

I'm still looking for a reasonable hotel on the Cinque Terra, preferabley in Vernazza or Monterosso for my family (one child 7 yo) for mid-Sept. All the hotels I've contacted are full or haven't responded. Any suggestions? Is there a festival or something going on at this time? Thanks

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 05:47 AM
barbara

Hi, we're going to the Cinque Terre in <BR>July and I've found it's helpful to call <BR>the hotels rather than e-mailing or <BR>faxing. For some reason, they often <BR>don't respond to e-mails. Good luck!

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 05:53 AM
john b

Leslie, try Levanto, which is the next town north from Monterosso. It's a 10 minute train ride, more hotels, less tourists. Mid September is still busy season, festivals or not. Weather is beautiful. Why C.T.? Give us more details. How long? Do you want to walk the 5 towns? Will you have a vehicle? What interests you? etc. Post again! <BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 06:09 AM
barbara

Hi, I second John's suggestion. Levanto <BR>is a great, little beach town. We stayed there last year for a week. You <BR>can actually hike from Levanto to <BR>Montorosso though it's at least a three <BR>hour or more hike and does involve <BR>climbing down ALOT of stairs at the end. <BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 03:14 PM
Leslie Byrne

Thanks for the suggestions for Levanto. We will have a car-driving in from Parma and then onto Siena. We'll be staying for only two nights. Would like to hike/walk the last two southern towns-easy ones. For various reasons, my family are not big hikers.

Old Jun 11th, 2000, 11:17 AM
Julie

Hi Leslie, <BR> <BR>Last June we stayed at the Hotel Villa Steno in Monterosso for 3 nights and were very pleased. It was a short 5 min. walk from the town center. We had a car which we parked & left for the 3 days. You don't need a car once you are there. The view from the hotel is great. You can see it at www.pasini.com <BR>Matteo is the English-speaking inns-keeper & is so helpful. He called ahead for us and got us a place to stay on San Gimignano. He was always so helpful to us. The breakfasts are very good & plenty of food. You can email him at [email protected]. He answered our email promptly. We had a garden room. I would recommend a room with a view of the town. I didn't request this because I thought the garden room would be more quiet. Have a great trip!

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 08:13 AM
Leslie Byrne

Julie, <BR>Thanks for the suggestion for Villa Steno- They were our first choice, but they are full as well as their sister hotel on the beach. So I'll keep looking. Leslie

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 02:41 PM
Julie

Leslie, <BR> <BR>Sorry to know that Villa Steno is full. A possible resource for you is Rick Steves' Italy 2000. I just purchased it & there are several places listed in the other 4 towns. There are too many numbers for phones, faxes & email etc. for me to list. Also I just looked at <BR>www.cinqueterre.it. This might give you some more information. Good luck!

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Topper

To the top.