Hotel New Orient Paris

Sep 27th, 2002, 11:50 AM
first time

Hotel New Orient Paris

Hi, This is my first time in Paris. I saw an ad for the New Orient Hotel in Paris. It looks a bit far out, but the rooms look beautiful for the price. Has anybody been there?

Sep 28th, 2002, 04:03 PM
first

topped for weekenders

Sep 29th, 2002, 02:56 PM
first

one more try

Sep 29th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Alice

Hi, 'First Time'... I guess no one has stayed at the New Orient. I did some online searches for you and came up with the following comments. Before I paste those in, I will say:
1. Most people will probably say you should stay closer to the Seine for a first visit (closer to museums, Eiffel, Notre Dame, etc).
2. I can say we stayed at a hotel on the other side of Metro Villier, on rue Lebouteau, and it was a very nice neighborhood, low on tourist element. Metro is easy to use to get where you want to go. My only misgiving about New Orient is its seeming proximity to the train tracks. Based on the comments I found, and if you got a good deal, then it will probably be fine.
Here you go:

Sep 29th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Alice

Sorry, but you'll have to paste this entire link in your url, couldn't find the article by going directly to BonjourParis website.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUrl-g187147-d194170-r239790-e__2F__Hotel_Review__2D__g187147__2D__d194170__2D_ _Reviews__2D__New_Orient_Hotel__2D__Paris_Ile_de_F rance__2E__html-New_Orient_Hotel-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Undated review from www.paris.org:
My all time favorite. Absolutely the best hotel bargain in the city! Beautifully decorated with antiques by owners Catherine and Sepp. Lovely dining area for morning coffee and evening sips of wine. Wonderfully helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable. Convenient location in a residential area, one can get the flavor of the Parisian's Paris. One block from three metro stops and train station. I recommend it to my friends and they always return just as I do.

from the rec.travel.europe message board:
we stayed at the New Orient Hotel last september, the prices were reasonable (im not sure what they are now FF 520 ?? double room. i think their website is out of date for prices). anyway, they are close to the metro and were very helpful. the rooms are *very* clean and it is in a nice area. <http://www.adx.fr/new-orient-hotel/> they take email bookings.
The hotel is listed on Jack's Travel website under 'charming' but he doesn't describe the surrounding area.
http://www.jack-travel.com/Paris/ParisHtml/charm_hotels_in_paris_.htm

Evidently, also included in the National Geog Traveler's Paris hotels list. (search on Fodor's msg board)