hotel near Campo dei fiori

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, We will be in Rome in October. I am searching for a hotel near or in the Campo dei Fiori area. Last year we were in Paris and stayed at a wonderful boutique hotel, the Milliseime in the 6th. I think that is the correct spelling. We are looking for something with a similar feel. Small, with a intimate feel and wonderful staff.
Someone on the Fodor's board found a bargain there and it was great.
Is there anything similar in the Dei Fiori in Rome? I have been searching this board and haven't seen very much about hotels of late, Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM

A couple of years ago we stayed at Hotel Ponte Sisto, less than 5 mins from Campo d' Fiori. We really liked the hotel although we found the rooms pretty small ( nice size bath). We got a great rate through reservationitaly.com. Recently I read that the hotel directly was discounting their rack rates 50%

I loved staying in that area.

I don't know the hotel in Paris, so can't comment about if it has the same "feel".
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 07:23 AM

For a bargain, try Pensione Barrett. Friends recently stayed there and were very happy.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
sac

I really like Residenza in Farnese. It's steps away from the Campo, just off the Piazza Farnese, so it's a bit quieter than the Campo itself.

It's a four-star, lovely staff (I believe it's owned by 2 sisters) very nice decor, and smallish -- maybe 25 rooms? Even the singles are a nice size and nicely decorated.

If you deal directly with the hotel via email, you can sometimes negotiate a better rate than those posted.

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Dh and I stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo which is only about 1 block from Campo Di Fiori.We loved it and the price was very reasonable.Check it out on tripadvisor.The location was perfect withing easy walking distance to many of the most popular sights.When we go back to Rome we will stay there again.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 11:53 AM

Hi

What is your budget (in euro)? There is the Albergo del Sole al Biscione - http://www.solealbiscione.it.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM

Here's another vote for Smeraldo. It was very clean and nicely decorated--one of our nicest. It is a very short walk to Campo di Fiori.

They were very helpful in getting us reservations for a vatican tour. We emailed them a few months before our trip and had a reservation confirmation for the tour the next day.

We were picked up at our hotel, taken to the tour office to pay and then got on a larger bus to the Vatican. It was all very well done and well worth the reasonable charge.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM

We stayed at Hotel Parlemento in October 2007 for 105 euros per night--a five night stay. The location is very good, attentive staff, quiet room, and nice breakfast. Definitely walking distance to CF.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for the quick replies. Background: We have been to Rome a couple of years ago and stayed in an apartment. It was very nice, but not having front desk was not. There were times when we could have used some guidance about restaurants, tours, etc. I hate to say we are in our early sixties, we only feel thirtyish mentally, but sixty physically.
I have checked out almost all the recommendations, and this is my concern. Tripadvisor. and Venere seem to give mixed reviews. I know most bathrooms are small, but a tub would be so nice after a long day walking.

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for the quick replies. Background: We have been to Rome a couple of years ago and stayed in an apartment. It was very nice, but not having a front desk was not. There were times when we could have used some guidance about restaurants, tours, etc. We are in our early sixties, we only feel thirtyish mentally, but sixty physically. Bad backs, tired feet,etc. Lord, we sound boring!
I have checked out almost all the recommendations, and this is my concern. Tripadvisor. and Venere seem to give mixed reviews. I know most bathrooms are small, but a tub would be so nice after a long day walking.
Connie:
Letsgo39: How was the Concierge at the front desk at Smeraldo? The reviews are very mixed. I do appreciate a greeting and help as well. Were ya'll in the main hotel or across the way?
Cruiseluv: Thank you so much for the information. This Hotel sounds like a contender.
Zeppole, Sac and Worldinabag: We will be checking your recommendations tonight.

When we went to Paris, I bought a book of Paris Hotels on Amazon. I have tried to find something similar for Rome, but have had no luck so far. Fodor's is a great place to get information and we do appreciate it.

Worldinabag, We don't want a five-star hotel, well, we do, but not for the money it takes.
We are American and the dollar is so weak, well, I guess we are three-four star people.

Thanks again and please there must be more to choose from.

Old Jan 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for the double, I have a new lap top and it is sooo jumpy!