Reload this Page >

Hotel Near Airport

Search

Hotel Near Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 02:31 PM
john

Hotel Near Airport

We are taking a train from Southern France to Paris where we will spend the night and fly out the next day (around 5pm).<BR><BR>We thought it would make sense to stay close to the airport (Degaulle). <BR><BR>Can you recommend any hotels near the airport in the $150/night range?<BR><BR>Or, would it make just as much sense to stay in the city somewhere with easy access to a train that would take us straight to the airport? <BR><BR>The bottom line for us is that we don't want to feel rushed the day of our flight. The plane leaves at 5:00pm, which means we'd probably have arrive at the airport at 3:00pm. <BR><BR>What would you veteran Paris travelers recommend?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Nancy

It all depends on how much luggage you have to handle. The RER runs to the airport, but sometimes too much luggage is a hassel. Also, there are many Van services that pick you up and will take you to the airport, at a reasonable price. I'd stay in Paris the extra time.(Been to Paris 6 times, hope to go quite a few more times, it's a great city.)

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Patrick

For an early morning flight, your idea makes a lot of sense, but I'm not sure what I'd do sitting in an airport hotel near CDG all day waiting for 3 PM to arrive. I'd go into the city for your final night and take a taxi out after lunch.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:38 PM
jrm

I'm in your situation fairly frequently due to business travel. If I'm departing CDG at 10 a.m. or later, I find it preferable to stay in town and have a good meal as opposed to the dreary, could-be-anywhere, hotels that serve travellers and serve mediocre food. For some reason, mediocre French food is the most mediocre in the world.<BR>Also, if you're in town, the cab service is rapid and not expensive. I usually pick a hotel that's easy metro range (say 2-3 stops)from the spots I like downtown, which saves some Euros, but gives me access to a fun night out. After all, why not have a nice, albeit quiet, night at a good restaurant before leaving la belle France... a little, private farewell celebration for two.<BR>A favorite restaurant is a Michelin one star on rue Recamier a 5 min walk from the metro stop at Sevres-Babylone. Name is Le Recamier and it has a most romantic atmosphere.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:18 AM
john

Thanks for the good advice. You're right--for a 5pm flight, we might as well stay in town, have a good meal, and just jump in a taxi the next day.<BR><BR>Thanks for the help.