Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How do I get from Villefranche to St.Paul de Vence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Mark

I'm on a Western Meditteranean cruise next month and would like to visit St. Paul de Vence. From the research I've done, I'm finding that the best(easiest) way to do this is to take the train to Cagnes sur Mer and then take a bus up to St. Paul. Has anyone been to St. Paul and if so, would you suggest a better way for me to get there?? Also, where is the bus station in Cagnes sur Mer in comparison to the train station??<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:43 PM
ttt

ttt

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Mara

Hi Mark - I took the bus from Cagnes to St. Paul de Vence last November and I must say I had a little trouble finding it. From the schedule I thought it would be outside the station but I couldn't find the right stop and ended up being directed some blocks away and had to wait more than an hour. I think it would be easier to get the bus in Nice at the Gare Routiere. The reason I went from Cagnes is that I spent the morning in Antibes.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:58 PM
elvira

I've done the bus from Nice Gare Routiere to St Paul de Vence; very easy (just don't miss the last bus back unless you plan to stay overnight).

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Mark

Thanks for the info!! Sounds like Nice will be the best option. How far is the bus station from the train station??

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Ronda

There is a very nice and helpful TI right in Villefranche who were very helpful to us going to Eze. Bet they could help you find the best route. Wonder if they have e-mail? We also rode the bus from Nice to St. Paul. Very easy. We also took the bus to Villefranche from Nice so bet you could take a bus from Villefranche, stop in Nice, go on to St. Paul.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Ronda

Here you go:<BR><BR>http://www.villefranche-sur-mer.com/htmlgb/fs_accueil.html<BR><BR>Either click on e-mail or contacts. Under contacts there is a request for information form.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Mark

Ronda-<BR><BR>Thanks for the info!! This will definitely help! How frequent are the busses to Nice though? I know the trains appear to go to Nice every 10 min or so..at least this is what I vaguely remember from last year. If the busses to Nice are common, the like you suggested, I believe I would be better off getting a ticket from Villefranche to St. Paul. Thanks again for the help!!<BR>

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Mark

Just emailed the agency that Ronda referred me to and it sounds like busses run every 15 min to Nice. They drop off at the Gare Routiere and I need to purchase a ticket to St. Paul.<BR><BR>Thanks again Ronda for the info on this!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Susan

ttt