hotel muguet or bonaparte help please?

Oct 20th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

hotel muguet or bonaparte help please?

OK, this topic is boring, but I can get a room at both hotels for 4 days in Feb. Bonaparte is slightly cheaper and does include breakfast, but I have stayed at the Muguet and like the hotel and the area. Is the hotel Bonaparte equal to the Muguet? I know the area will be great. Thank you for responding to the never ending Paris hotel question.

Yipper
Oct 20th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Yipper: On TripAdviser, Hotel Muguet*** is rated #27 by reviewers (4.5/5) while the Bonaparte** is #226 (4.0/5). This might be because one is a 3* hotel and the other a 2* hotel.

If you know and like the Muguet, why not stay there again.
Oct 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Ira, a well regarded regular in this forum, is a big fan of the Bonaparte. With luck he'll see your post and respond.
Oct 21st, 2007, 09:21 AM

Hi,

I've stayed at the Muguet but not the Bonaparte (although I'm down the street from the Bonaparte now). I prefer the area around the Bonaparte rather than the Muguet - it's so much more dynamic. I only stayed in the 7th once and didn't care that much for the area; too quiet. Go for the Bonaparte! I love hearing the church bells.
Oct 21st, 2007, 09:32 AM

I've only stayed at the Muguet so can't compare the facilities, but I don't believe either one is a 3* hotel. They are both 2*. If that comment was referring to Tripadvisor's own star rating, they are not accurate nor authentic, the site makes them up themselves. I also have no idea what their popularity rating means, but would completely disregard it as I think it is totally irrelevant. Maybe it has something to do with how many people have booked it who use Tripadvisor or have commented on it, but neither means anything in terms of how good a hotel it is.

The Bonaparte's rates do not include breakfast, you are paying for it. Now maybe it is still cheaper including the breakfast, but it's not free.
Oct 21st, 2007, 10:22 AM
ira

Hi Y,

The rates at the Bonaparte include bkfst served in your room or at the dining area downstairs.

If you don't want bkfst you get about 5E pp reduction in price.

I think that the Muguet is more modern than the Bonaparte.

Both are good locations. I prefer the Bonaparte's.

The staff at the Bonaparte are very helpful.

The B has A/C.

I don't think that you can make a bad choice.

Enjoy your visit.

Oct 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your responses. Indeed I did get the feeling that the Muguet was more modern. My traveling companions have told me to go with the Bonaparte, because of the breakfast and to try a different location. I have been to Paris around 5 times and I have always stayed at a different hotel. The snob in me wants to say "We always stay at the whatever hotel when we are in Paris." I thought that was going to be the Muguet, but maybe it will be the Bonaparte. I will try it this time and then I will report on the difference and which I like better, if anyone is interested. I know we will have a great time.

Thanks, Yipper
Oct 21st, 2007, 04:18 PM
ira

Hi Y,

>The snob in me wants to say "We always stay at the whatever hotel when we are in Paris."

We always stay at the Bonaparte when we are in Paris.

We also use the metro.
Oct 21st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Hi Ira,

The metro is the best. I am so use to using public transprotation that I forget that you can use a taxi.

Yipper
Oct 21st, 2007, 06:02 PM

Don't forget about the major bus hub right next door to the Bonaparte. It's a very convenient location for combining bus/metro.