Hotel Muguet-first night dining

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you Hotel Muguet fodorites~we arrive from SFO in the late morning and will probably manage a simple crawl to dinner that evening. I'd love recommendations for dinner. Charmarre looks interesting..any thoughts and suggestions on it or any other places would be much appreciated. We will probably sleep and venture out for something late evening by US standards (8-9 ish).
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 12:37 AM

We usually just walk around the corner to the excellent little Florimond and save the Michelin starred Chamarré for after jet lag.
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 03:46 AM

I have not heard of Charmarre. Where and what is it--starred, apparently. There are lots of good places nearby and Florimond is our favorite. Make a reservation as you walk out for the day. Other easy simple places in the neighborhood are La Terrasse (brasserie right at the Ecole Militaire Metro), Bistro du 7eme (2-3 blocks up blvd Latour-Mauborg at 59), Auberge de Champs de Mars.
I know you are coming from SF so an addiitional amount of jet lag but we find it is easier to not take a nap during the day. We usually arrive by mid-morning at the hotel. We walk around, buy our transportation stuff, museum card, find a place to have some soup for lunch, etc. Then we have an early dinner and go to bed early. The next morning we seem to feel pretty much on Paris time.
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 09:06 AM

Le Florimond is also a favorite of mine. Problem is, it's small, and it's a favorite of everybody's, so it may not be possible for you to get in just by walking over the morning of your arrival and asking to resesrve. Do eat there during your stay, though. If Florimond doesn't work out for the first night, there are plenty of other options: L'Auberge Bressane, D'Chez Eux, La Fontaine de Mars, and Le Maupertu are all close by. And if you're really exhausted and just need a quick bite, the Sicilian pizza/pasta place on the Avenue Bosquet just north of the Place Ecole Militaire (just past the Bistro de Papa) has delicious, inexpensive fare. Oh, and the Indian restaurant Punjab at the corner of the Place Ecole Militaire and the Avenue Tourville is delicious.
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 09:30 AM

If you do a search for "rue Cler restaurants" there are lots of suggestions also.