Hotel Morgana, Rome

Aug 10th, 1999, 06:25 AM
Sandy

Hotel Morgana, Rome

Has anyone stayed at the Morgana Hotel in rome? If so, what are the good and bad points. How easy to get to attraction from the hotel. Staying a week, any info would be helpful. Sandy

Aug 10th, 1999, 05:04 PM
Walter

Hi Sandy: I haven't stayed there but I've stayed in this area and will be staying right around the corner in Nov. I'm sure the hotel is fine, it's listed in many of the commericial hotel booking sites. The hotel's website does lie (a common practice about it's location though, "in the city center just a few steps from the Colosseum and Roman Forum". Actually it's ~1.6km (1mi) from the Colosseum. But it's only a couple of blocks from Termini's Metro lines and bus hub which makes getting around *alot* easier. The Metro gets you *right* to the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Via Vento and within 1km (.6mi) of St. Peter's. I would avoid the areas to the east/southeast of your hotel esp. at night, it gets kind of "seedy". HTH Regards, Walter
p.s. to find the exact location of your hotel go to http://infopoint.atac.roma.it/ click-on "English" click-on "Address Search" type in filippo turati and no. 33 and click-on "zoom in" or "zoom out" and then on the map.

Aug 10th, 1999, 05:04 PM
Walter

Hi Sandy: I haven't stayed there but I've stayed in this area and will be staying right around the corner in Nov. I'm sure the hotel is fine, it's listed in many of the commericial hotel booking sites. The hotel's website does lie (a common practice about it's location though, "in the city center just a few steps from the Colosseum and Roman Forum". Actually it's ~1.6km (1mi) from the Colosseum. But it's only a couple of blocks from Termini's Metro lines and bus hub which makes getting around *alot* easier. The Metro gets you *right* to the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Via Vento and within 1km (.6mi) of St. Peter's. I would avoid the areas to the east/southeast of your hotel esp. at night, it gets kind of "seedy". HTH Regards, Walter
p.s. to find the exact location of your hotel go to http://infopoint.atac.roma.it/ click-on "English" click-on "Address Search" type in filippo turati and no. 33 and click-on "zoom in" or "zoom out" and then on the map.

Aug 11th, 1999, 06:01 PM
Paul

Stayed at Morgana [via Filippo Turati 31-35] in Oct. 1995. Seemed fine to us and it was close to Central RR station. At the time, parts of area near hotel were a bit seedy. Hotel was good but I not know what changes have taken place in the condition of hotel and surrounding area over the past 4 years.

Aug 14th, 1999, 07:41 AM
Joann

Sandy:

I stayed at the Morgana two nights in May - on my arrival in Italy and the night before my departure. The number one item for me is to be near Termini since it makes getting back and forth to the airport very easy. This was the best of several hotels I have tried. The rooms were quite nice - you can get to anywhere if you are an energetic walker. On my night before my return, they failed to give me the requested wake up call for my very early flight but I woke up naturally anyway. They arranged airport transportation because my flight was leaving too early to use the airport express train - the car was on time (a few minutes early to be exact) and was somewhat expensive (I think around $60) but I had known to expect that. One very good thing is that their AC is COLD - some European airconditioning tends to be just mildly cool but I'm from Texas and like my AC cold. Have a great time.

Aug 17th, 1999, 04:10 AM
Sandy

To all who answered my question on Morgana. Thanks, the distance to places was a great help. 1 mile is just the right distance. The info on AC from Texan was reassuring, since we are from Va and are pampered by our AC. Can't do without. Will let you know how we liked this hotel. Sandy