Reload this Page >

Hotel Lungarno v. Gallery Hotel Art -- FLorence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 09:14 AM
marissa

SOmeone please give us a comparison. If are not worried about the view which has nicer rooms- cleaner, more modern, etc. location? <BR>Thanks very much!

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 09:50 AM
susan

I can't compare the two, as I haven't stayed at Gallery Hotel Art but I have stayed at Hotel Lungarno and loved it. I would most definitely recommend this hotel. Small, elegant, incredibly clean, stylish and contemporary. The rooms can be small but this seemed insignificant with all the nice touches they have in the rooms. Most definitely spend the extra for a balcony overlooking the Arno, they will deliver coffee in the morning and you can sip it as you watch the city wake up.

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Tom

Researching the same, but haven't stayed at either. Impression I get is that Gallery is more modern and trendy and Lungarno is more geared for luxury. Does look like Gallery is on the same side of the Arno as most sights, but we're opting for the Lungarno. Decided we'd rather have the balcony to sit and drink wine before dinner. I also think the Gallery attracts a "hipper" crowd similar to the W hotel chain in the US.

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 07:24 PM
Wendy

Stayed at the Lungarno in August. It seems to be what you are asking for modern in a classical way, recently refurbished, new AC/electrical systems, gtreat location and view. Great coffees in the lobby too. Any details, email me.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 02:12 AM
wendy

I have had groups stay at both and they definitely preferred the Lungarno for the luxury and balcony views.