Hotel Location Rome

Search

Hotel Location Rome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Location Rome

As far as being strategically located, knowing we will be doing a lot of walking, does staying at either Hotel Modigliani or Albergo Cesari make any difference? We will be in Rome for only 3 days and want to get around as much as possible.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 07:37 AM
jgg

We stayed at the Albergo Cesari last March and found it VERY well located. Right near the Pantheon, we walked just about everywhere except for an early morning tour of the Vatican, the Catacombs, and one night when we got lost trying to find a restaurant. The breakfast is good and the staff very helpful. We will be returning for our second stay this June.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 08:50 AM

The Albergo Cesari location is a million times better than the Hotel Modigliani. I would go with the Albergo Cesari.

BTW, when are you going? There was a recent post here by someone who found her first two hotel choices (Albergo Cesari and Residenza Farnese) booked for October 1-6. Just a way of saying don't delay.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 10:26 AM
jgk

We stayed at Modigliani last summer. The location is good, not gret, but there are other plusses. Very near (1 block) a metro station, Barberini. On a quiet street. This doesn't seem huge but when you have been go-go-go all day and you are walking that last block down a relatively lovely street it really helps the buzz of the super urban day go away so you feel great by the time you open the door to the hotel.
If you get one of the top floor rooms with balcony, there's a great view...

good luck choosing. It's really win/win.

jan
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 10:30 PM

I emailed the albergo cesari and inquired as to why they were booked and they said they are actually closing in the summer for renovation
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:54 AM

Hi

Hotel location in Rome is a topic that is discussed often. My wife and I went to Rome for the first time last summer and we stayed near Termini. We found Rome to be quite small and it is possible to cover a lot on foot. We could walk to Collosseum in 15 to 20 minutes and it we didn't want to walk it was easy to catch a bus to e.g. the Vatican. Have you checked the hotel reviews on tripadvisor? I have posted a trip report with some pictures and links on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy.htm by the way. Maybe you can find some useful info there.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 01:07 AM

Khepps, did the Cesari tell you when their renovations will begin and when they are closing? We have reservations in early July so they are opened then, but hotels will often stay open when renovating in certain areas of the hotel so I was wondering if this might be the case with them for when we are going.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 07:57 AM

I, too, had been looking at the Albergo
Cesari for October. I emailed them
and was told they were already totally
booked for October and that the hotel
would be undergoing renovations
for the month of September.