Hotel Little Palace - 3rd Arr, Paris

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Little Palace - 3rd Arr, Paris

Wonder why no one is talking up the Hotel Little Palace, one block from Musee des Arts & Metiers?
It looks very nice for someone who wants to pay a 'moderate' price for comfortable amenities. Have a look...

Hotel Little Palace *** (Golden Tulip)
4, rue Salomon de Caus, Paris, 75003 (next to Musee des Arts & Metiers)
Tel. : 33-1 42 72 08 15
Closest metro: Reaumur/Sebastopol
Hotel and restaurant overlooking Square des Arts et Metiers
Bar under a glass roof
A/C, minibar, coffee-maker, Satellite & pay TV, sound-proofed rooms and windows, Wi-fi
Renovated since 2004; 53 rooms over 8 floors; contemporary style
Some rooms with balcony or terrace
Double -superior / Twin / Queen - 148-240€; continental breakfast - 13€

http://www.littlepalacehotel.com/index.en.html
http://www.parisby.com/littlepalace/pages/profile.htm
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

so, then... what's wrong with this hotel..? No one took the bait...It doesn't seem too expensive for the looks and amenities, considering all those fave hotels in St Germain...
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM

TN --

This place is really cute. Anyone have comments about location, etc?
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM

It looks okay to me, although overpriced by my standards (I don't stay in St Germain, though). I've been in Golden Tulip hotels before, and they are usually nice enough. I just don't usually pay that much for a 3* hotel myself in MOntparnasse, so it's more for me (and I get AC, minibar, TV). Personally, I don't like the area right around the Arts et Metier metro stop that much. It's okay, but not where I would choose to stay, so I don't.
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Christina,
What area do you like to stay in?
My husband and I are planning a week in Paris in April. Air fares are high so we're hoping to find a budget hotel.
We only need a clean place (with our own bathroom!), close to the metro.
Any suggestions?
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Christina usually stays in the 14th arr... some might find the location to be a bit removed from the tourist sights...

I actually stay further south than she does, but I like to keep a list of interesting options that seem like good deals to me... here are some:

Hotel Louvre Forum, 1st arr.
www.paris-hotel-louvre-forum.com/

Hotel Residence Monge, 5th arr.
http://www.hotelmonge.com/

Hotel Madeleine Opera, 8th arr.
www.hotel-madeleine-opera.com/
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 05:06 AM
tod

Thanks for posting some insight on this very nice looking hotel! I love the building, the close proximity to the metro stop and a lovely park area right across the road.
Definitely worth a try and within my budget.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 07:18 AM

I tend to agree with Christina especially when they want to charge 13€ for continental breakfast on top of those rates. I don't care for the location around Les Halles and a horrible Metro station to boot. A horror to navigate and a hangout for undesirables. If one considers the hotel attractive it is like an oasis in the desert.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
tod

Bigal -I was actually talking about the Reaumur/Sebastopol metro stop. Is that SO bad? Les Halles wouldn't even come into the picture as its too far away.
Did a PagesJaunes walk around the streets in the immediate vicinity to the hotel - may not be the most exciting and I do see a lack of cafes & restaurants but there are enough about for a quick breakfast.
Sometimes its nice to stay off 'the beaten track' & taxis are available if one is afraid of late night metro hops.

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I stayed near the Arts et Metier metro station and did not find it to be horrible or filled with undesirables at all. Nor did the Reaumur/Sebastopol station seem bad, so I am not sure to which station the last post refers. The location described in the original post is not particularly near Les Halles.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

This hotel is nowhere near les Halles, it is just at the Musee des Arts et Metiers, just north of rue Turbigo/rue Reamur.
Blvd Sebastopol is a broad tree-lined avenue with plenty of shops and cafes. It would be about 4-5 blocks to the north end of rue Montorgueil. (les Halles is at the south end of Montorgueil).

Check the particulars on PagesJaunes if you're interested.

p.s. I wouldn't pay 10E for breakfast, but a lot of hotels charge that or more these days, so 13E isn't that 'odd' anymore. For instance, Hotel Petit Moulin is 15E, Hotel Bourg Tibourg is 14E...
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 09:12 AM

Bettina:

April in Paris...how wonderful! Is it your first trip there?

We like Hotel Bonaparte. It's in Saint-Germain, excellent central location. 3 metros close by. It's not luxurious. But it's a nice building, elevator, decent sized rooms, clean, with mostly large baths. Breakfast is included and brought to your room. The staff is friendly and speaks english. Ask for a room higher up on the street side. Double around 150 euros.

If you search in the window above, you'll find lots of Fodorites stay there.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

It's best to fax (english) for booking.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 01:33 PM

Sorry, but one of the hotel's web-sites not only mentioned Metro Les Halles but also all the Metro lines that serviced it. I think the hotel stretched the truth to impress people on the location.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 03:58 PM

Travelnut, thanks for posting about this hotel, I hadn't heard of it.

Christina, I don't understand your comment re "I don't stay in St Germain, though" the hotel Travelnut has posted about is in the 3rd - which is not near St Germain (the 6th).
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 06:31 PM

I know that. My comment was in reference to hotel prices. If I did stay in St Germain, I would probably think that was a good price.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 03:24 AM

Jeanne B,
Hmm.......I thought I posted a reply but don't see it!
I was in Paris for just 3 nights at the end of a whirlwind trip through Italy and France quite a few years ago traveling with girlfriends. It will be my husband's firt time there.
Air fare Prov-CDG is so high during school vacations though that we were hoping to spend less than that on a hotel.
But I will check it out!
Thank you