Hotel Lindenwirt ?????

Oct 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Lindenwirt ?????

Has anyone ever stayed at the
Hotel Lindenwirt in Rüdesheim am Rhein. Have visited the Christmas Market there for the last couple of years and our regular hotel is already booked solid.
Thanks,
Bill
Oct 5th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Bill,
I tried to get into the Lindenwirt and it was booked for my dates. I haven't stayed there before, but I like the location and reviews are pretty good. Where do you usually stay? I ended up reserving at the Hotel Central. It's not on the Droggelstrasse, but it is on a main square near the Christmas market. I have not been to the Christmas market, but you must like it if you've going back for the third time, right??!!
Oct 6th, 2008, 08:56 AM

Bill: Yes, we've stayed at the Lindenwirt a couple of times. The location can't be beat, the accomodations are respectable and there's parking in the courtyard if you'll be driving.

We've even stayed in the wine barrel units a couple of times when we've had the kids with us. If you require a double bed they're not what you would want . . . the beds are two single bunks along the sides of the barrels, but if that doesn't matter and you're on a tight budget you can save $'s and take advantage of the location. The shower and bathrooms in these units are actually more spacious than in some hotels we've stayed at in Europe.

Our favorite hotel in Rudesheim is directly across the Drosselgasse, the Rudesheimer Schloss. Entry is from the next street over or through their garden restaurant under the glockenspeil.
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Hi Barbara, We have been to the Christmas market there several times and also make a round of several of the others big and small. We always have a great time.
Thanks
Oct 6th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

pef1234, thanks for all the information. Sounds like Lindenwirt will work out great for us.