Notices

Hotel Jardin de l'odéon Paris

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:12 AM
DavidK.

Hotel Jardin de l'odéon Paris

Does anyone have comments about this hotel?
Thanks.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:35 AM
DavidK.

topping please

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:52 AM
elaine

I did a search here. This was posted in 1998 but to be fair, their management or staff might have changed since then.

"Message: We just returned from a trip to France and stayed two nights at the Hotel Jardin De L'Oden that was highly recommended. However,
we found it to be very unfriendly staff, poor
service for taxis, Lounge did not serve drinks, room bar poorly stocked and a total lack of concern when seeking help with questions. I realize that we do not speak french which does make things very difficult
but our last experience in staying in the 6th addirossment was delightful. The Hotel
D Bucci could not have been a better experience and the staff the best. "

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:06 PM
DavidK.

Thanks for the info. I also did a search, but could not find any messages. When I called the hotel, the people seemed nice. It's hard to judge a place with only one post. I think that even the best place can have an off day, person, etc.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 02:12 AM
anon

nice place. holiday inn-ish, but perfectly adequate - clean, comfortable, cheap - I think 130 a night for a double ($$). great location. plenty of shops, crepe places, cafes, bars all around. around the corner there is even a store which sells "everything roses". you can even buy rose jelly there (thought this was cool).

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:02 AM
arjay

"Holiday-inn"ish for $130 a nite? Yikes. We did way better than that, finding pleasant, non-HI type hotels for well under that amount. Don't know if location is one of your prime specs, but last year we enjoyed Hotel Ares (walking distance from ETower) for just over $100. Also the Grand Balcons (lots of posts here with the full name) is right around $100, I think.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:03 AM
arjay

"Holiday-inn"ish for $130 a nite? Yikes. We did way better than that, finding pleasant, non-HI type hotels for well under that amount. Don't know if location is one of your prime specs, but last year we enjoyed Hotel Ares (walking distance from ETower) for just over $100. Also the Grand Balcons (lots of posts here with the full name)near the Odeon, is right around $100, I think. I'll provide more specifics if you're interested, or you can find them on one of the Paris hotel listing sites

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:41 AM
DavidK.

Thanks for info.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Sherri Kardell

Ditto for the hotel Bucci it was lovely with a wounderful staff and great location. I will definately stay there on my next visit to Paris. I'm not sure of your budget the Bucci is kinda pricey. Log onto parisby.com and check out there 3 star hotels . I also stayed at the Hotel le Madison and liked it alot. Viva La France! Sherri Kardell