Search

hotel in paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 10:45 AM
scott

hotel in paris

This will be my family's first trip to Paris.<BR>A local Parisian recommended staying at the Hotel Prince Albert - Louvre. The pictures didn't make it look very appealing. I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there and liked it. Any other suggestions along the same price lines, would be appreciated.<BR>There will be three of us and it seems more than two are a problem. <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Alice

A quick search here using "triple room" yielded these recommendations: Grand Hotel Jeanne D'Arc, Hotel des Grande Ecoles, Hotel Palais du Bourbon, Hotel De Bretagne, www.derbyeiffelhotel.com (check all the Best Westerns); <BR>go to www.hotelboulevard.com and you can search for hotels with triples<BR><BR>

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Alice

Thanks for the help. I still haven't heard of anyone who has stayed at the Prince Albert. Maybe there's a reason for that! I'll try your suggestion and see what I come up with.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 01:26 PM
scott

Sorry, Alice, I messed up and put your name where mine should have gone. I thought the message was going to you.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Bob Brown

I looked up the hotel, and it is a two star place. I know nothing about it, but believe me, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of small hotels in Paris. I don't know how anyone could be an authority on all of these little spots that arew seemingly everywhere in the single digit arrondissements as well as the 10th, 15th, and 16th.<BR><BR>My suggestion is to find a good place to stay. If you are in a bad hotel you will not sleep well, and you will not enjoy your visit. This forum is loaded with Paris hotel recommendations.<BR>The Muguet, Tourville, St. Dominique, and many more are highly recommended by more than one person.<BR>The Muguet offers triple rooms, and it is air conditioned. And, it has got to be one of the most discussed hotels on Fodors! I don't care what a Frenchman says. Umpteen dozen American tourists know more about Parisian hotels in most cases than the people who live there!!!!!!!!! (How many city dwelling Parisians actually stay in Paris hotels??)<BR><BR>I do not know the hotel du Palais Bourbon personally, but it advertises triple rooms. Give it a look, too.<BR>