Reload this Page >

Hotel in Oxfordshire? Near Blenheim?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Julie

My husband and I will be visiting my sister and brother-in-law who live in London next month. All four of us are planning to go to Oxford and Blenheim Palace over a weekend. Can anyone recommend a nice inn or country house hotel in the Oxford area that would be convenient to Blenheim? We're looking for somewhere with private (en suite) bathrooms and nice rooms (preferably with some atmosphere) at a reasonable price (below 80-100 pounds). A good restaurant would be a plus. Thanks for your suggestions.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Kimerley

We stayed in a charming B&B in Woodstock which is where Blenheim Palace is situated.Our place bordered onto the Palace property! <BR>Sorry cannot remember the name but booked it through the local TIC. <BR>try, www.smoothhounds.co.uk for hotels

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 07:39 AM
Karen

The Bell in Charlbury and The Lamb Inn in Great Risssington, both superb accomodations and restaurants.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:15 AM
ian

The Bear Hotel in Woodstock is extremely nice, as is Feathers. Both are a bit over your budget, but they sometimes have weekend deals. Even without Blenheim in the backyard, Woodstock is a charming village to spend a couple nights in by itself. <BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Terry

We stayed at the Blenheim Guest House in Woodstock right at the gate. It was delightful and not expensive!