Notices

hotel in Garmisch

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 08:55 AM
gina

hotel in Garmisch

Does anyone know of a good hotel in Garmisch for approx $100 to $125 per night? I already tried the Hotel Panorama and it's already booked for next July! Help! Thanks!

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 09:36 AM
nickie

It's actually in Partenkirchen, instead of the other side of town, but I can recommend the Posthotel Partenkirchen on Ludwigstr. Phone is 08821-51067, fax 08821-78568. It runs at the high end of your dollar amount, or perhaps just slightly more. The rooms are very nice with balconies looking out to the mountains, and the dining is superb. Ths staff is exceedingly nice and helpful, and there is a parking lot behind the hotel. I also stayed at a hotel in Garmisch I would absolutely not recommend - the Gasthof Frauendorfer, just down the street from the nice hotel. It stunk of urine,was dirty,most of the rooms were closet size, and the manager was very rude.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 10:09 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Gina, Consider Oberammergau only about
:20 away and closer to the castles etc.
Try the Hotels Wittelsbach or Post.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 10:52 AM
Lee

Gina: Bob is right, Try Oberammergau. It's close by and it is a beautiful town!

We stayed at the Hotel Alte Post last May and it was just fine. Less than $90.00 including a great breakfast. The hotel is very old, but nice and clean. It's located right in the center of town, within walking distance to everything. Contact Anton Preisinger Jr. at "[email protected]". We made all reservations (5 hotels) on the web.

In between Garmisch and Oberammergau is Linderhof castle, and the basilica at Ettal. Close by is the Zugspitze and the Weiskirche at Steingaden.

For dinner in Oberammergau, try the Zur Tini down from the hotel (outside and right) about 1 1/2 blocks. Great food and inexpensive. lots of locals, too.

Have fun!

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 12:22 PM
gina

Thanks everyone. I have tickets to the Passion Play and will be staying in Oberammergau. I was looking for a hotel in Garmisch for just before we arrive in O'gau because I thought everything there would be filled. I appreciate your suggestions. Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Hilleprandt in Garmisch? Thanks again.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 02:23 PM
Maira

In Oberammergau we stayed at the Hotel Schilcherhof. Clean, comfortable rooms, very quiet, located on the main street, walking distance to the (Passion) Playhouse, excellent breakfast included and parking. About $80/double (May 97). They have restaurant facilities and a terrace where to have coffee. Their phone number is 08822 4740 fax 08822 3793.

Old Sep 11th, 1999, 09:39 AM
Bob

We have stayed at the Hilleprandt in Garmisch three times and I recommend it highly. Took two separate couples back there with us and they also liked it. Ask for room 1 or 2. Both are downstairs and open to a patio in backyard. Rooms are large and very nicley furnished. Breakfast included and it is close to downtown area. Someone mentioned the Post Hotel Partenkirchen. This is also very nice but I would be surprised if you can get a room in your price range. The restaurant here is also very good and well decorated.

Old Sep 22nd, 1999, 08:51 PM
Dennis Holland

I stayed at the Hotel Leiner just across the street from the ski jumps in Partenkirchen. The town bus leaves from the ski jump stadium parking lot and public transportation is included with your visitors tax card. The URL is below. I have stayed there twice and found it to be less touristy and expensive than other hotels in town.
http://www.landidyll.de/leiner/