Reload this Page >

Hotel in Florenze

Search

Hotel in Florenze

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Larry

Hotel in Florenze

Any one know anything about the Paris Hotel in Florence? I have had some bad experiences chosing hotels based soley on Guide book recomendations and I am looking all over the internet for ideas...unfortunately a bad hotel can have some very good photos (and even very good reviews in guidebooks) Fodors does have rants and raves and I'm using that this time, but I want to branch beyond the same 20 hotels that every American tourist goes to because of guide books. Any info on this hotel or suggestions on another would be appreciated

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 12:54 PM
mel

Larry, I highly recommend the leading hotels of the world website for hotels or relais chateux. I think these are some of the best properties around!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Michelle

I stayed at the Hotel Paris in Florence this past September and really enjoyed it. The room was quite large and, although a little quirky, interesting. You CANNOT beat the location. About a 2 min walk to the Duomo and other great locations. Have fun!

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Patricia

Have you checked out the Hotel Rivoli? It is a 4 star and close to the Duomo.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Patricia

Please ignore my previous post. I meant to write the Hotel Fenice Palace which is a block from the Duomo. It was recently renovated.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 07:38 AM
jenna

Hello, <BR>We stayed at Hotel Savoy in Jan for Euro 180. 5 star hotel and really nice, perhaps this rate was due to time of year and economy/ terrorist attacks scaring travelers. Worth looking into.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Debbie

Larry,<BR><BR>Try going to www.venere.it and click on Florence. It will list hotels by star rating and you can click on each one to get information and pictures. You can also click on the map and it will show their location. We used this website when we went 2 years ago. We stayed at Hotel Pendini but I see it's not on the list anymore. Great location right off Piazza della Repubblica and reasonably priced. I envy you. Florence was my favorite city. Have a great trip!

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Lori

We stayed at a great little hotel just a couple of blocks from both the Duomo and the Accademia called Il Guelfo Bianco -- large rooms, some face inner plaza, helpful English speaking desk people. Enjoy! Florence is my favorite city.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Shelley

Hello Larry,<BR>We stayed at the Hotel Hermitage last year. It was great! They have a great rooftop terrace. Ask for room 602-it is larger. The people were very nice and can book a driver for the day in Chiani or we ever you want to go. We are going back to repeat the experience.Have fun!

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 05:58 PM
Marilyn

We returned from Florence last September and went through a lot of stress trying to decide where to stay. It is an expensive city and staying in the city doesn't give you much for your money. I read all the reviews in Fodors, Steves and Venere along with a million other sources. It was our last stop in our trip and really wasn't expecting much but was shocked at how little we got. I would recommend looking into the area just outside the city on the mountain where there are 3 hotels that overlook Florence. A bus goes every 30 minutes so you don't miss any of Florence, but do get charm, a view and nice restaurants. One of the hotels is the Hotel Aurora which is next door to a beautiful 5 star hotel. I can't remember what this area is called but if you look for Hotel Aurora you will find 2 other hotels that would be worth checking out as well. If nothing else have dinner up there the view is magnificent and the outdoor eating area at the Aurora is very romantic.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:46 PM
melinda

Curious to know if you have already gone. I will be there in late March. Can give you details when I'm back if you're still interested.