Hotel in Florence request

Oct 13th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Hotel in Florence request

Thanks to all for help with planning our trip to Italy in March. We now have a decent plan with information about train and car rentals that we owe all the you! So a very big thanks.

I've gotten reservations at all the places we will be visiting except for Florence. Our day and a half of traveling is going to leave us jet lagged and dangerously tired, so we need a really quite, comfortable place for our 5 night stay. I'm overwhelmed with making a choice. I've checked suggestions from the last 2 years of forums, but nothing really grabs me.

I liked the pictures from JK Place, but it is expensive. With the exchange rate, it comes to about $500-$600 USD. I was hoping to find that level of service for about $400 or less. Any other hotel suggestions or comments/experiences with JK Place?

I've also looked at Relais Piazza Signoria which looks nice, but it is apartments & I think we might miss having a bar or restaurant plus it looks like check in stops at 6pm & I don't think we will have arrived by then.
Oct 13th, 2014, 08:12 AM

Isn't JK Place located fronting the Santa Maria Novella church piazza? If it is and you like the location I can think of another hotel which also fronts on the piazza that you might like. And if you use booking.com you can get a superior double next March for about $300/night.
Oct 13th, 2014, 08:36 AM

Here are some options:

MID –RANGE HOTELS: Prices from 150 to 300E by season

* www.hoteldavanzati.it Great location and amenities

* www.hotelcasci.com Good family hotel in centro location

* www.hotelsilla.it Across the river with less noise & people

* www.ilguelfobianco.it Hard to beat for location and service

* www.hotelburchianti.it/english/ Great location---historic hotel

BETTER 4 STAR HOTELS: Prices from 250 to 350E by season

www.hotel-pierre-florence.com Very central elegant hotel

www.monnalisa.it An elegant historical palace—Santa Croce
Oct 13th, 2014, 09:11 AM

Check out the Bernini Palace:

http://hotelbernini.duetorrihotels.c...hotel-florence

It's my favorite, although it's out of my budget these days, but possibly still within yours.
Oct 13th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Dukey1. Seems like that would be a good location. What's the name of the hotel?

bobthenavigator and Holly_uncasdewar, thanks for the suggestions. I'll check links when work lets up. It really eats into my trip planning time!
Oct 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRe...e_Tuscany.html
A block from Duomo and we enjoyed every bit of our 3 night stay. Service staff was amazing.
Oct 13th, 2014, 11:05 AM

The Hotel L'Orologio but if you decide to book it use a service such as booking.com

We stayed there when last in Florence and overall enjoyed the place. Breakfast was excellent. Now, we are not much into hotel bars and I am not sure this place even HAS a restaurant but there are NUMEROUS places to eat nearby. It is a very short walk to the Duomo and an equally short walk to the SMN train station.

I usually do not recommend hotels simply because everyone has different ideas about what makes one

good
well-located
reasonable
etc., etc.
Oct 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM

When I say a short walk I mean less than five blocks
Oct 13th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Dukey1, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I understand, hotels are all so subjective.