Reload this Page >

Hotel in Florence?

Search

Hotel in Florence?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 03:58 PM
wingnut

Hotel in Florence?

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Florence? <BR> <BR>Also, having never been to Italy is it generally classed as an expensive place to eat and drink out? <BR> <BR>many thanks <BR>wingnut

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Rex

Hotel Giada is fairly reasonably priced, and you get roughly what you pay for there. See more info posted here by searching "Giada". <BR> <BR>Compared to London, I think that you will find much of Italy's better restaurants reasonably affordable. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Liked it

wingnut, check out the post I topped for you. The Hotel Lombardi is nicely priced with nice rooms and a great location. The owner will help you with your restaurant needs. There is a great cafeteria a couple of blocks toward the city center that offers really good food at affordable prices. It's kind of nice to see what you are ordering, too! <BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 06:25 AM
Maya

Last year we stayed at the Realis Uffizi which is right next to the Uffizi. <BR>This is what I posted about the hotel at the time. <BR>This hotel was the prettiest and also the most expensive we stayed at. We paid 270,000 Lira (+-$126) a night. The location of the hotel is wonderful, with the public rooms (sitting and breakfast room) right above the Piazza Sengora and look out onto it. The guestrooms are in the back. Our room was very pretty with a canopy bed and antiques all in a creamy off-white color. <BR>Breakfast was good to with fresh rolls and croissants, cereal, coffee and juice.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 06:34 AM
MED

You must check out the Hotel Casci on Via Cavour. Family run, $50 per person per night, two blocks from Duomo and San Lorenzo. The people couldn't be nicer or more accomidating. Decent breakfast included in price. <BR> <BR>Italy is pretty cheap eating and drinking. It's especially cheap if you order off the fixed price tourist menus.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Greg

Wing, we recently stayed in Florence at a place called Mearneni. It was convenient to everything and the room + bath was nice for 170,000 L per night. Breakfast was not included, but that was not an issue for us. There is no lift, but the people were pleasant and helpful. Have a good trip. Greg