Reload this Page >

Traveling w/children in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 09:51 AM
Caren

Does anyone know of a well located hotel in Rome that will accommodate 2 adults and 2 small children (7 & 5). All I have contacted requite 2 rooms. Thank you!

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 09:57 AM
nancy

the torre della Argentina on Via Corso Vittorio Emmanueale 2 , between P.Navona and Campo di'fiori <BR>has a suite <BR>It is really 2 rooms. <BR>One with a queen bed, another, that has a Murphy bed that comes out of the wall, and a couch that is a double pullout. <BR>We spent a night there. <BR>The BR is large, and lovely and there is a small inside terrace off the suite <BR>the hotel is in a noisy location but the suite is in the back. <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 10:11 AM
Book Chick

Hi Caren, <BR>Don't know what you've tried so far, but here are a few that might fit the bill for your family: <BR> <BR>Cavalieri Hilton, toll-free 800-445-8667. They aren't very centrally located within Rome, but have a free shuttle service to all the major tourist attractions <BR> <BR>The Hotel Venezia is touted as the most family-friendly hotel in Rome. Web site is www.hotelvenezia.com, phone is 06.445.7101, fax is 06.495.7687, and they're at 18 via Varese. The staff is fluent in English. <BR> <BR>The Villa delle Rose has 3 lofts that each sleep 5 people, and many families use this option to stay there. They're at 5 via Vincenza; phone is 06.445.1788, fax is 06.445.1639 <BR> <BR>Buon Viaggio, <BR>BC

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 05:11 PM
michael

Stayed at the Mayfair Residence last year with my wife and two daughters. Had a 1 bedroom apartment with two twin beds and a queen sofa bed and kitchen. Clean and safe. Location a 15 minute walk to the spanish steps and a 5 minute walk to the American Embassy. Can book through Barclays or more cheaply directly through the Residence.

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 09:38 PM
KD

Try the Santa Chaira, I have booked a room for four, late December. <BR>520.000 lit per night

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 02:32 PM
caren

Thank you to everyone who responded. I had been getting "nowhere" on my own. I will check with each hotel suggested. Thanks again. Caren

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 03:43 PM
deepa

Another vote for Santa Chiara - they have apartments and big rooms, the breakfast is wonderful and the location ofcourse, can't be beat!

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 05:12 PM
gb

We stayed at a convent in Rome that was very comfortable for 4.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 07:06 AM
marj

we (family of 4) stayed at santa chiara. we had a quad room. It actually was a 2 room suite with 1 bathroom. They also have 1 or 2 larger apt. type arrangements. It's in a very convenient location. Near almost everything. Also has an excellent breakfast buffet. email them at [email protected]. there website is: www.venere.com/it/roma/santa_chiara/