Reload this Page >

hotel in Delphi/Arachova ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Lisa

Does anyone have a recommendation on whether to stay in Delphi or Arachova, and specific hotels that they would recommend or not recommend ? The guidebooks seem to suggest that the Hotel Vouzas and The Best Western Anemolia are reasonable (and I'm frustrated that I can't seem to find an e-mail address for either!). Thanks!! <BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 12:43 PM
ppp

Arachova, IMO, is much nicer than Delphi ... even though we stayed in the Amalia, in Delphi. The 4-star Amalia offers all one would like regarding accomodations, a/c, service, pool, etc, except for a double bed (unless I´m wrong, all rooms are furnished with spearated twin beds).<BR><BR>If you´re going in the summer, a/c is a must, except possibly in Arachova, which is quite high in altitude.<BR><BR>http://www.greekhotel.com/amalia/home.htm<BR><BR>We booked through a Greek travel agent who got us a better deal than reserving directly (though we also used the Amalias in Athens and Nafplio!)<BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Vera

The advantage to staying in Delphi, of course, is that you can walk up to the site in the morning and in the evening instead of having to drive and park and share time with the buses.<BR><BR>Vera

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:49 PM
John G

I have also stayed at the Amalia and I found it to be quite pleasant. The building is made of some kind of stone so it remains cool at all times. The pool is very nice and the food is absolutely delicious (the best hotel food I had in Greece).<BR><BR>Delphi is very small so it is very easy to get around.<BR><BR>In summer, Delphi is VERY HOT during the afternoon. Even walking down the street is a chore.<BR><BR>The museum in Delphi is fabulous, especially if you go to see the One-Armed Charioteer.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Lisa

Thanks! Good advice. We were thinking about staying at the Amalia in Nafplio too, so maybe staying in the Amalia in both places makes sense. By any chance do you still have the contact info for the Greek travel agent whom you got the good deal on the Amalias from ? -- Lisa

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:54 PM
ppp

We used Starlite Tours and Travel (Miguel), but this was some years ago.<BR>[email protected]

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:22 PM
tom

I did not like the Hotel Anemolia (sp?) in Arachova (visited Aug 2000). I found it a bit shabby, hotel staff a bit standoffish.<BR><BR>Next time I would rather pay more and stay in the Amalia hotel -- I did not personally see this one, but the other Amalias in the chain are very nice & deluxe.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
Harry

And how much should we expect to pay for Amalia hotel in Delphi in October or April? Are October or April off-season months in Peloponese?<BR>Thank you very much.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:40 AM
ppp

According to http://www.greekhotel.com/amalia/delphi/home2.htm#Prices<BR>Euro 128 for a room with 2 twin beds (no rooms with double beds)<BR>

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:46 AM
Harry

Thanks but I would like to hear from someone who stayed there and how much she/he paid. I am aware of the website prices.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 03:11 PM
Grandma

have stayed at the Amalia in both Delphi and Nafplio. Very nice and comfortable (tho lots of tour groups).In '96(!!!seems like yesterday) I recall room in Nafplio was approx. $120. But we had no reservation, just were winging it.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 03:45 PM
ppp

In 98, the going rate was 34,000 Drachmas. We payed 31,500 through Starlite Tours and Travel.

Old May 4th, 2002, 01:33 AM
hummer

How much is that in euros, ppp?<BR>Thanks

Old May 4th, 2002, 03:45 AM
ppp

In Euros? No idea ... At the time what we payed translated to 106 US.