Reload this Page >

Hotel in Brussels?

Search

Hotel in Brussels?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 11:22 AM
Stephanie

Hotel in Brussels?

OK. Here's the mission. We want to do a quick weekend trip to Belgiun for the weekend from Paris. Thinking to do Brussels for 1 day and night and then Brugge for 1 day and night. Return to Paris through Ghent for last day. Need your help to identify a central and casual (fun but not fancy) hotel in Brussels for first night. TinTin mania hitting our family hard and we must hit some comic museums. For Bruge, we like the sound of the Ter Duinen. For Ghent, the Erasmus. <BR> <BR>Thoughts? Suggestions? Need Brussels hotel suggestions....Thanks. Stephanie

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 12:39 PM
Jeff

Hi Stephanie, <BR> I stayed at the Radisson SAS near the Gare du Midi. I usually don't like chain hotels, but this one has a lot of character and has a great rate on the weekends. Brussels is very much a business city so rates are much more expensive during the week. <BR> The Radisson is near all the main sights like the Grand Place, Galerie Saint Hubert, Mannekin Pis and the Ilot Sacre. Have a great time! <BR>

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 12:45 PM
Diane

I recommend the Hotel Manos. You can see it at: <BR>www.manoshotel.com/manos/frame/index.html <BR>I stayed here in 1996. Very charming. Be sure to ask for a garden facing room, though, as the street facing rooms are very noisy.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 01:44 AM
ann

hi... brussels is a business city & hotel rates during w/e are very low - there is a hotel for everyone's taste !

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 05:52 AM
Anna

Hi Stephanie, <BR>We were in Brussels and Brugge last week and loved both places. In Brussels we stayed at the Hotel La Madeleine. It is a short walk (3-4 blocks)from the Central station and 2 blocks to La Grand Place. La Grand Place is one of the most beautiful town squares I have seen. Our room was small and plain, but the staff was great and the price was good. We payed 2795BF for a small double with decent bathroom, breakfast was included. I can't find a direct email or website, but phone reservations or fax would be easy. We just called from the station. <BR>Tel (02)513 29 73 <BR>Fax (02)502 13 50 <BR>http://www.atel-hotels.com/uspages/hotels/h196.htm <BR> <BR>In Brugge we stayed at the Hotel Adornes which I would highly recommend. The rooms were very nice, great breakfast, and nice staff. They gave us some excellent restaurant recommendations. We had a huge room overlooking a canal for 3700 BF, our friend had a smaller double for 2800 BF. I had tried to book Ter Duinen, but they were full at the time. I did see it when we rode the free bikes from the hotel and it is another 2 or 3 blocks beyond the Adornes. The pub dating back to 1515 is just around the corner from the Adornes too. Great atmosphere and beer! <BR>http://www.proximedia.com/local/ador...=448&lang_id=3 <BR> <BR>Have a great trip!

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 06:15 AM
jeff

Stephanie: In Brussels we stayed at Hotel Opera, which has tiny rooms (how'd they get that bed in there?), but good prices. It is on a restaurant street/alley that reminded me of the Latin Quatier in Paris. (Kind of touristy, but we had a very good, cheap Italian meal there). Just a couple minute walk from the Grand Place. For the price/location, I'd recommend it, although the rooms were small. In Brugge we stayed at the Hotel Cordeandier (sp). Great location -- only a couple minutes to the main square. Good luck and have fun. <BR>

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 10:24 AM
Steve Mueller

A website for La Madeleine in Brussels is http://www.hotelinformation.com/html...els/madeleine/ <BR>My wife and I have stayed there and the staff is very helpful. It's just off the Grand Place.

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Shanna

I second - or third - La Madeleine. Very central to Grote Markt (Grand Market) where you can get Godiva chocolates at the source, close to train station and lots of eateries, especially "Fish Street" - great fun. Pleasant room w/huge bath and lovely staff. We reserved by fax w/o problems.

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 05:59 AM
Sandy

Stayed in Hotel Welcome in Brussel. Great Value, and the hotel staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. near the fish market, about five blocks from the Grande Place, and across the street from the metro station-yet in a quiet area without lots of traffic. Definitely spend a day in Brugge-Try to avoid Sunday if possible, it seemed like a lot of places were closed in Brugge