Hotel Ibis Praha Karlin, Prague

Dec 25th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Ibis Praha Karlin, Prague

Has anyone stayed at this hotel, what did you think of it?
Thank you.
Dec 26th, 2003, 11:11 AM

Never stayed there but it is is a normal package type Ibis chain hotel, if you can get into the Ibis Prague City you will be happier. It is about a 20 minute walk to Old Town square at least an the hotel is in Karlin, the worst hit area during the floods two years ago and alot of the area is still depressing. You can step rioght out the door and get on the tram and it will zip you right into the center in less than 10 minutes.
Dec 26th, 2003, 01:23 PM

Ibis Karlin is an OK hotel. It has a lot of amenities, but is not in the greatest location for tourists. It IS reasonably priced, though, and the transportation is convenient to & from the area. It is often offered in package tours, because it is low priced (because of the location). Yes, that area was flooded HEAVILY, and I don't know how much has recovered in that area, restaurants & shops, etc. If you get a great deal on the price, go for it. If you are going to Prague off-season, you can probably find a good deal closer to Prague I, though.
Dec 26th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.
I will be travelling there next October. Can you recommend any other similar type hotels in the the same price range closer to the city center?
Thanks,
Mike
Dec 26th, 2003, 07:51 PM

Mike - by October, you might see some prices come down. November is dirt cheap season, though. Check out www.travel.cz and www.marys.cz for a wide range of choices, with locations clearly mapped out. Once you find hotels you like, you can shop around for the best deal by surfing the web for sites that offer that hotel, or by contacting the place directly. I have always had good luck with travel.cz, though. Are you looking for a more modern/chain type of place, or do you prefer a cozier smaller hotel?
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:07 PM

Try some searches for hotels closer to old town.