Hotel Girasole

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:54 AM
Bev

Hotel Girasole

Has anyone had any experience with this hotel in Sorrento? I need to find a nice, clean, budget hotel in Sorrento city center. I found this hotel on a search, pictures look ok, price is right, but I've never read any posts about it. Any other ideas? Any help would really be appreciated.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Bev

ttt

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:37 PM
lilly

Bev, I know there have been some recommendations for the Lorelei in the past but I just saw a recent edition of "Small Hotels in Europe" (or similar title) and it practically described it as a "dump". I also am looking for a Sorrento hotel and other recommendations for reasonable and pleasant have been Il Nido and La Tonnarella.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Cynthia

Lorelei is not chic and does not cater to the chic crowd that would use "Small Hotels in Europe". But it is wonderful and inexpensive.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Bev

I know the Il Nido and La Tonnarella have been recommended many times, but I think they are both outside of town. I think the Loreley is lovely, but just a little out of my price range as I am by myself and not sharing the costs. I wonder if there are some small family owned hotels that are right in town in the $50 - $70 price range. A view is not necessary as I do not intend on spending too much time in my room.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Vincenzo

Bev, Girasole is a fine hotel, but, in the same budget, looking at your needs, I suggest first, Gardenia and second, Rivage.
Have a nice trip.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Bev

Vincenzo:

I just found a site that shows some hotels that look very nice.

Gardenia
Tirrenia
Faro
Eden
Admiral

The prices seem pretty good. Do you know of these hotels? Is the Gardenia your first choice and why.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Vincenzo

Bev,
I know these hotels and, really, no of these is far from your needs and your budget. Anyhow, Gardenia is still my first choice because, besides budget, it is central, has a nice garde, piano bar, tennis, swimming pool and is little enough, less than 30 rooms.
Yes, among these, I suggest Gardenia as first choice.
Feel free e-mail me for more helps.
Ciao.