Hotel for 4 in Budapest

Search

Hotel for 4 in Budapest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel for 4 in Budapest

I would appreciate any recommendations for accomodation for 2 adults and 2 teenagers in Budapest? Do any of these hotels offer rooms for 4? [ Hotel Victoria, Intercontinental, Taverna, K+K Opera Hotel or Art Ortel] Thankyou Jim
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 04:26 PM

Jim,

The Intercontinental does not offer rooms for four; however, they do offer connecting rooms.

We loved the location, and the indoor pool would be a "plus" with teenagers--although, it is a bit on the smaller side.

Old Jul 20th, 2004, 04:57 PM

I don't know if they have rooms for four, but I can highly recommend the Art Otel.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 05:25 PM

There are many websites offering short term rentals on apartments --often no more than a few days minimum.

We stayed at the Marriott Executive Suites -- not in the Marriott hotel itself but nearby and just steps from the Danube, near the Erszebet bridge. The suites can certainly take three, maybe four. If you are ready to pay Intercontinental prices, you can certainly get a commodious flat for the same money.

My fiance stayed at the K+K recently and liked it very much, though the German throngs at breakfast were a bit daunting: massive eaters, lots of black socks with sandals.

Artotel is on the Buda side, which would not be my choice -- I'd take Pest any day.

Read the novel "Prague" by Arthur ??? before or after visiting Budapest -- it is entirely set in Budapest and gives a great feel for the city

("Prague" represents the more glamourous, longed-for westernized world to the Budapest characters, hence the book title)
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 07:54 PM
DAX

Four Seasons just opened a new hotel in Budapest this month with a special opening price of 200 euro per night for the entire summer. It's worth the splurge.
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou to all who responded. The only hotel I could find who does 4 in a room is the Ambra Club. Anyone know this hotel? Thankyou Jim
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM

Last summer we stayed at the Burg Hotel across from the Hilton on the Buda side in the Castle District which is MAGICAL ! Not sure if they have rooms for 4 people, but the rate was reasonable so you could take 2 rooms. Of course, we visited the Pest side but were SO happy to return to the Castle District !!
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:36 PM

We enjoyed the K&K Opera. Good location on Andrassy just a few blocks from the Jewish Quarter, St. Stephen's, the Chain Bridge and a short walk to Deak Ter (< 0.5 km) and Embassy Row. If the weather goes bad, there is a metro station less than one block away.

The K&K also had a nice breakfast spread and we stayed for just 140 USD/night last year.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:28 PM

Re: Ambra Hotel. We stayed there last year. We had 3 people so had a one bedroom with a sofa sleeper in the living room. There was also a small kitchenette. The hotel is also part of the RCI timeshare exchange, so it offers a little more than a hotel room. The location is okay--safe, but not as scenic as staying in the Castle district. If I were to do it again with only two of us, I'd probably pay the premium to stay up there, but with three people the hotel rates in Europe are astronomical so we opted for Ambra. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. You can walk to the opera easily from there.