Hotel Florence, Bellagio help

Sep 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Florence, Bellagio help

Thinking of staying at this hotel for 2 to 3 nights next May. Want to get one of the rooms that share that very large terrace, I think on the 1st or 2nd floor, overlooking the lake.

What is the best way to make a reservation? I have looked on their web site & there is no way to request a res. there. So which works better, email or telephone? With telephone, will there be a language problem since I don't speak Italian?

Any other suggestions for hotels? I want to be as close as possible to the center of town, lake view, terrace or balcony that is large enough to be usable for 2 and a nice place.
Sep 4th, 2007, 12:11 AM

I made my reservation by email, but I also spoke with them on the phone and they speak English fine. One caveat: there is (or was) one young guy working there when I stayed there who was pretty snobby when answering guest inquiries on the phone. While in the salon, I heard him "talking down" to a few people. The women I dealt with were much nicer.
I haven't looked at their web site lately, do they still give a discount for paying in cash?
My first stay there was in May, a wonderful time to be there.
By the way, the September issue of Vanity Fair magazine has a big article about the Lake Como scene with some luscious pictures (of both the lake and George Clooney).
Sep 4th, 2007, 12:19 AM

offseason,

Have a look at this for general Bellagio hotel help;

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35053004

Jim
Sep 4th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. It looks like most of the hotels in Bellagio will not take reservations for 2008 until Oct.

Reading Trip Adviser reviews have gotten me a little worried about the Florence. Although it has a good overall rating, there are a lot of negative comments about staff, breakfast food and general condition of the hotel. The location & views are great, but I'm beginning to question the overall ambiance of this hotel. Any comments?
Sep 4th, 2007, 02:31 PM

I had no problems with their staff (except for the guy mentioned above) and I thought my room was charming, very clean, comfortable, nice bath, lovely view from my balcony. The lakeside restaurant served me the best meal I had in Bellagio.
The breakfast buffet was nothing special, but there was nothing wrong with it either.