Hotel de Suez - Paris

Search

Hotel de Suez - Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel de Suez - Paris

I am about to pull the trigger on reservations for this hotel for a few nights in June. Any last minute comments - pro or con.

Thanks
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 11:42 AM

From doing my own hotel research on Paris, I noticed several threads on this hotel. You might want to do a search and see what comes up. If I remember correctly, the comments were generally favorable except that some rooms tend to be noisy given it's location.

Kate
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 12:25 PM

I stayed there in April last year. I think that it's a good value--clean, well kept up rooms just a couple minutes walk from Notre Dame. The room we had was very small (the eternal refrain), but pleasant enough. I wouldn't say charming, but it got a lot of light and air. Our bathroom was large with lots of hot water and up a flight of stairs, which was cute. We had a window looking out on a side street, not Blvd. St Michel, so our room was pretty quiet as well--others might be less so. The front desk made restaurant reservations when we requested and staff were reasonably pleasant. I probably would not stay there again, though, just because it is sort of in the middle of the most touristy part of the Latin Quartier. Not that it was especially objectionable, and it is very close to lots of good things like the Luxembourg Gardens, etc. It was just a little too commercial and loud and (on Friday night) too full of frat boy types. I think it was a good choice, and I hope to make a slightly better choice for my next trip (which is this weekend--this time we are trying the Marais for a change of pace).
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Oh, and I'll also add I think the hotel's website was fairly accurate, in that its pictures of standard double rooms looked a lot like my standard double room (though I didn't have the little balcony); just make sure that when you are looking at these photos you aren't assuming additional unshown floor space without any evidence to support the assumption.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 06:49 PM

We stayed there for four nights in 2003. I thought it was a terrfic value for the money. The location is great (near Latin Quarter, St. Germain, Luxembourg Gardens, and lots of transportation.) The rooms were small, but not claustrophobic, and clean. I also thought the staff was helpful. It's not the Ritz, but it is perfectly adequate, and a bargain.