Hotel De Seze,

Dec 12th, 2000, 10:08 PM
Pat

Hotel De Seze,

Has anyone here heard of Hotel De Seze, 16 Rue de Seze, Paris?
I haven't seen it discussed, but hear it's pretty good.

Dec 13th, 2000, 05:24 PM
lynn

Hi Pat:

This was the first hotel we ever stayed in on our numerous visits to Paris. It's been one we return to year after year.The reasons for us choosing it are location, location, location and a reasonable price for such a great area. The hotel is small but the location can't be beat. Right near the Madeleine, Fauchon's (the most incredible gourmet food store), around the corner is the Opera, and le Printemps and Galleries Lafayette the shopping stores. Place de la Concorde and the Seine is a 5 minute walk. I could go on.......The hotel itself is as I said small, last time we were there it was being renovated. that was a few years ago however. It's a traditional French hotel, the staff's English was good if you are French-challenged, smallish rooms but come complete with bathroom, bed and TV. If you want more then it's not the place for you, if your room comes somewhere further down on your list of luxuries then its great. We are planning a trip to Paris again this summer and will likely use it as our base again.
regards,
Lynn

Dec 13th, 2000, 08:54 PM
Pat

Thanks, Lynn. Do you have a favorite room?

Dec 14th, 2000, 04:48 PM
lynn

Hello again Pat:
The rooms we have stayed in haven't had any view to speak of except for the one on the top floor with a skylight that enabled us to look out to the nearby rooftops. The hotel is on a tiny street with other buildings on three sides so really no view. The rooms themselves as I think I mentioned are pretty plain (or were) maybe they have changed them now since their renovations.
We usually stay in this hotel simply because of where it is. The elevator came as a bit of a shock the first time we got into it. Not like North American elevators, very tiny, one of us at a time with the luggage was all we could manage. It was funny at first but we got used to it.
Are you thinking of booking the hotel. We usually call over to make our bookings but if they are on line that would be cheaper. Do you have an email address for them?
Lynn

Dec 14th, 2000, 09:35 PM
Pat

I don't need a view if all I'm doing is sleeping.
But I do need a bed of my own. I was hoping you had a room with some...well, room. Truth is, this sounds pretty good to me.