Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:09 AM
sarah

Hotel de Rouen?? Near the louvre

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this hotel- good location, etc
thanks

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 09:02 AM
elaine

hi sarah

<Near the Louvre> covers an awful lot of territory, so I looked up your hotel at the only place I could find it,
www.paris.org No comments from past guests there, but I did find the address to be rue des Petits Champs, which runs behind Palais Royal. If that's the hotel you have in mind, the location in the 1st arrondissement is very good.

I can't speak to the hotel itself, and a quick internet search didn't really provide any information. That could mean that the hotel changed its name, as sometimes happens; that it is simply a well-kept secret and might be delightful, or that it is not mentioned in any of the usual sources because it is not a recommended place to stay.

How did you find it?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Fred

I have no reviews of it but it's the lowest classification, no stars. Just a basic, very simple hotel and room. Location is fine. For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Christina

it's in www.eurocheapo.com with a review. You can tell from the photo it's just a very basic cheap hotel n(eg, minimal furniture), but may be fine for that level, with a good location. It is very cheap so you can't expect much at that rate, so if it's clean and decent, that's about all you can expect, I think. I'm not familiar with the editorial slant of eurocheapo, but their review sounds good enough and not bad for that price. Having no stars is not the lowest classification (although many of those without stars are the lowest level), it just means the hotel has not been classified in the govt ratings system, whether they haven't finished it yet (newer hotels won't have stars either) or have chosen not to participate in that system. The Chateau de Roussan in St-Remy has no stars, either (or, at least didn't used to, they might have changed) and it is not the lowest level of hotel. At least the Hotel de ROuen is a member of the Office of Tourism.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 11:15 AM
elaine

Christina
thanks for that eurocheap website, I had not seen it before

For others interested, they have budget hotel listings for many popular
destinations in Europe, and they claim they are not paid for their listings
they also provide reviews