Reload this Page >

Hotel D'Aubusson questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:57 AM
John

Ok, I decided on the Hotel D'Aubusson. Can anyone tell me what if anything I need for computer, electrical and phone connections there?<BR> Also, any tips on the immediate neighborhood would be appreciated, for instance restaurants, shops, sites. I am traveling with a 12 year old, so anything cool for the preteen crowd would be particularly appreciated.<BR>Thanks, John

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 08:28 AM
andi

Hi John,<BR><BR>I was in Paris with my 13-year-old daughter in April, stayed not too far from the D'Aubusson (where an acquaintance recently stayed, said it was fabulous). I am sending to the top my trip report for some ideas of what you and your child (boy or girl?) might enjoy.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:48 PM
john

To Andi: I'm not sure what you mean by "I'm sending to the top my trip report..."<BR> Sorry for my ignorance but the top of what?

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 07:05 AM
andi

John,<BR><BR>That's Fodor's parlance for the top of the list of questions. I'll do it again right now - it's headed something like "Trip Report - Paris with 13-year-old girl."

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 05:13 AM
elaine

John<BR>The d'Aubusson rooms have hair dryers if that is an issue for you, it's one less thing to pack if you normally want one.<BR>Can't help you with computer or phone connections, but maybe these will<BR>http://kropla.com/electric.htm has clicks for plugs, converters and modems<BR><BR>Here is a website with pictures of all the various plug configurations plus other info on electricity<BR>http://www.escapeartist.com/global/photos.html<BR>

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Danna

Although I beleive the D'Aubbuson website said the rooms had American plugs, they did NOT, unless you count a "for shavers only" plug in the bathroom (would not accept a safety plug - I tried it). The staff is very helpful, why don't you e-mail them your question, perhaps they have facilities elsewhere in the hotel.<BR><BR>Fish-La Boissonerie is nearby and good. See Patricia Wells website. Avoid Alcazar, also nearby. Turn left out of the hotel on Rue Dauphine and then right on Rue de Buci. The pastry shops on your right are to die for.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Susan

John--Hotel Millesime, D'Aubusson's sister property had a laptop available for guest use in the lobby, so I suggest that you check with D'Aubusson to see if it has the same amenity if you really need to use a computer. Can't help with preteen suggestions, however haven't a clue.