Reload this Page >

Hotel Cicerone in Rome

Search

Hotel Cicerone in Rome

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Wassala Nader

Hotel Cicerone in Rome

Can anyone give me any input at Hotel Cicerone in Rome. Our tour is staying there 2 nights and would like to know what sites of interest are within walking distance from there. Also any nice moderately priced pasta restaurants around there. Being we are 6 in our group, it will be hard finding a taxie big enough to accommodate us. Wassala

Old May 27th, 2002, 12:29 PM
jenna

Have you ever given some thought to taking 2 taxis? To go so far and limit yourself to eat near your hotel or only seeing the sights near it so you won't need to take cabs sounds idiotic. I find it so funny that people spend thousands of dollars getting to a country , but once there want to skimp in the most ridiculous ways.

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:11 PM
alison

I personally didn't stay at the Cicerone; however, my relatives did last June. They reported that they were satisified with it. They had a buffet breakfast with their package. <BR><BR>We stated at the Visconti Palace a couple of blocks nearby. However, the area is called Prati and it is very convenient to the Vatican, Castel St. Angelo, Pza. Navonna, & Pza. del Poppolo. We liked Pza. Navonna better. Anyhow, all you need to do is cross the Tiber and you'll reach the two piazzas. The walk to any of the bridges takes about 10 mins. or so depending on how fast you walk. It's not far at all. From Pza. del Poppolo you can shop on via del Corso and go all the way to the Spanish Steps. There were 5 of us and we walked it and even went as far as Via Veneto. If people in your party have a problem walking then take a taxi.

Old May 27th, 2002, 01:13 PM
alison

Sorry, I forgot to mention that there are not that many restaurants in the area however. But there was one very good pasta/seafood restaurant near to the Visconti Palace-the name I do not remember,sorry. But it's very popular with seating outside. Don't confuse it with another one that is not very good at all. The one I'm referring to has wood panelled walls inside and looks classy, but the prices are moderate.

Old May 27th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Anne

I stayed at Hotel Cicerone a few years ago when I was on a tour.(l997) I loved it. The location was wonderful. Close to shopping and monuments. On our next trip to Italy I wanted to stay there again (on our own this time) but rates were too high. <BR>If I recall correctly, the hotel helped us with reservations to a near by restaurant for 6 of us. Sorry the name excapes me. Remember dinner starts at 8PM in Italy. Have a ball.