Hotel Cervo(MPX) Noise

Search

Hotel Cervo(MPX) Noise

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Cervo(MPX) Noise

I am thinking of staying at the Hotel Cervo in Malpensa the night before my flight. However, I have a concern about potential noise given it is so close to the airport. Has anyone stayed there and can comment on how noisy it is to sleep in it?
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 03:11 PM

I have not stayed at that particular hotel, but did stay at another close to Malpensa. One of the best things I did a few years ago was to buy a small, portable &quot;sound machine&quot; (or 'white noise' machine) from Hammacher Schlemmer for about $40. I take it every time I travel, and if I end up in a noisy hotel, I just turn it on. It really helps to drown out any outside noise. I used it the night before my flight home from Italy and slept like a baby. Ear plugs are also a great thing to take along.<BR><BR>Anyway, I know this doesn't help you with your question about the hotel, but I thought I'd pass along what helped me. Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 03:17 PM

I thought this hotel was in Milan itself?
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

This hotel is at Malpensa airport between the two terminals. Check www.hotelcervo.it<BR>Unfortunately, apparently no one has stayed in it that reads these forum! No one has posted a reply to my question. Oh well....
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 06:45 AM
leb

I stayed there 2 years ago for an evening before an early fight out. I can't remember being kept awake by noise--the building is relatively new and pretty sound-tight once you close the window and turn on the the AC. And I'm a VERY light sleeper. The propritors are very friendly. The area surround it is NOTHING to look at...I took a walk looking for something of interest. But for a night before a flight, it was a good deal.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 07:16 AM

well bob the navigator rec. it to me on another post and he usually has pretty right on advice. Our flight doesn't leave til 10am so I think we are going to stay in Milan since we have time to train out in the morning. Good luck!
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 09:05 AM
klc

We have reserved a room for our first and last nights flying in and out of Milan. Don't know when you plan to be there but if it's after May 23-June 2 will let you know what we think
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Leb:<BR>
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Leb:<BR> Thanks. I will proceed with it. <BR>klc:<BR> We might see you there. We are going May 17-31! Have a nice vacation.