Search

hotel campiello in venice and travel insurance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel campiello in venice and travel insurance

Hi, parakeet here.
Just a few quick ?'s--DoI need travel insurance and has anyone stayed at the Hotel Campiello in Venice? My dad is 89 and not in good health and therefore I think I'd better consider trip insurance--what do you think? Also, I'm still looking for a nice room in Rome with friendly helpful people at the desk. Doing this myself is stressing me out but your help makes it better, and your travel knowledge is amazing. Grazie.
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM

By all means get the trip insurance, if only for the medical evacuation. The one time I forgot to get it, my 70 yr. old husband had a serious medical situation occur. Cost an arm and leg to get him home. I'll never forget again.
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

thanks granbury--can you or anyine else suggest a reputable travel insurance co.?
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM

Re Hotel Campiello. My wife and I stayed there in Feb 2003 and found it very nice. It's not luxury, but was perfectly acceptable. The bathroom was much larger than our room in Rome on the same trip. When we were there, they were doing a bunch of remodeling, including putting in an elevator, so it's bound to be even nicer. We really liked the location as it's very close to San Marco, but off the immediate tourist path and an easy walk into a more 'real' neighborhood (Castello) the other way.

Enjoy your trip,
Paul
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 06:18 PM

http://www.insuremytrip.com/

Check out this website for trip insurance companies and coverage types. Very informative.
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 07:55 PM

Hi Parakeet,

I don't have any helpful info on travel insurance, but I did stay at Hotel Campiello with my mom and aunts last October, and we liked it a lot. As Paul said, the location is fantastic, and the rooms were nice and very clean. It's really good value for the money, especially for Venice. I hope you and your dad have a great trip!
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 09:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear parkeet:

My sister, mother & I stayed at Hotel Campiello in 2002. I would definitely stay there again. Desk staff is very helpful and the location was ideal. My mom was 81 at the time, so I chose hotels closer to the main sites and those with elevators.

Have a great trip and try not to stress. Just do what you can when you get there.

MY
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM

We have always used www.insuremytrip.com