Hotel booking w/ venere.com

Aug 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Hotel booking w/ venere.com

Hello,

I'm a newbie to this site. I am gaining a lot of knowledge by reading everyone's comments. So I figured I would ask this question. I booked a room in Paris using venere for next month. Every other site (expedia, hotels.com, booking, etc..) said that there were no rooms available at this hotel. However, venere didn't state that and allowed me to book a room. I'm concerned that their systems weren't as accurate as the others and maybe I really didn't get the room. Has anyone experienced this before and do you have an recommendations for me to ensure I got the room (aside from calling hotel directly)?
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Did you get a confirmation?

And even w/ any confirmation, it is often a good idea to contact the hotel directly
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. Yes, I did get a confirmation # via Email.

Thanks!
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM

I second janisj's recommendation to contact the hotel. I had a very bad experience with a 3rd party booking co (Travel Worm) where they accepted the reservation, took my money in advance and whein I arrived at the location, they had no rooms available and knew nothing of my reservation) I learned since then to always contact the hotel in advance. I am traveling to Venice booked through Otel and contacted the hotel, The hotel manager emailed me back and confirmed everything is OK (And the Hotel's website said there were no rooms available) I currently have a booking with Venere in Zurich that I recently made and need to confirm. Thanks for the reminder.

I hope it works out fine for you
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

hpeabody, thanks for the follow up. That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Showing up and them not knowing anything about it. I can't seem to find any email info for the hotel, so I will call.

Thanks!
Aug 8th, 2007, 08:09 PM

Call the hotel directly, ask for the reservation or front office manager, get the confirmation number and name of the person with whom you spoke.

A client of ours had a bad experience over booking a hotel in Kazan, Russia this spring for a conference through Travelocity. Travelocity took the reservation without a problem, and when he called the hotel to ask a question he found out that there was, in fact, no reservation (and the city was booked for a banking conference). We had to intervene and, after much escalation, Travelocity ultimately was able to get a room (which was a miracle). I wouldn't want you to have to repeat that.
Aug 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM

I had the same experience with Venere for a hotel in Rome. Venere was fine.
Aug 8th, 2007, 08:57 PM

I have used Venere several times and it is great. Only after your hotel stay through Venere will they ask for a review. So the reviews are from real hotel guests - no bogus ones as some are in Trip Advisor. Very reliable.
Aug 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM

I've booked through Venere several times. As others have said, call the hotel directly to verify. I'm sure they'll have your reservation. That's a good time to make any special requests, non smoking room, etc. I usually verify everything, and have not been disappointed.
Aug 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM

Have used Venere quite a bit and have not had any problems at all. We have booked from Australia and also within Europe and its great that you don't pay until you have stayed. The hotels that I booked from Australia I also confirmed with direct emails close to the time we were travelling and all was always ok. Also found Priceline.com to be a good site.
Aug 9th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of the responses! I feel a littel better. I will definitely call the hotel though. Keeping fingers crossed...

Thanks again!