Reload this Page >

Hotel between Chartres and Versailles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 03:40 PM
Marcy

Do you know of a nice inexpensive hotel/inn/bednbreakfast between Chartres and Versailles- prefer a small town/village or countryside. We are staying in the Loire Valley for several days and then heading up to Versailles via Chartres. <BR> <BR>We would like to be about 1/2 hour from Versailles. <BR> <BR>Thank you!

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 08:33 PM
steve

Can't remember the name of the hotel, but Les Andelys is an interesting town only somewhat between. It is the site of an impressive ruined castle built by Richard the Lionhearted

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 09:04 PM
Rex

I agree that Les Andelys is fascinating - - especially the ruins of Chateau Gaillard - - see http://remi.placier.free.fr/images.html for some wonderful pictures of it. <BR> <BR>But it is not at all between Chartres and Versailles. Versailles is very close to Paris, and almost straight west. Chartres is maybe 50 miles, relatively southwest. And Les Andelys is more north than northwest, at least 50 miles out. I really don't even think you could get from Les Andelys to Versailles or Chartres without returning to Paris (or at least the Bande Periperique). <BR> <BR>A place that SHOULD fit your criteria is a place that looks fascinating to me, but I have never been there at all - - www.chateaudejonvilliers.com - - right geography, right price, and hopefully, charming. <BR> <BR>I hope this is information you can use. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 07:29 AM
steve

Wherever you decide to stay, check out Logis de France for a list of quality, smaller hotels

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Rex

topping real questions, seeking to get things back to travel, even if only a little bit...