Reload this Page >

Where to dine in Lucerne

Search

Where to dine in Lucerne

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 05:52 AM
Nyet

Where to dine in Lucerne

For those of you who have been there before, do you have any good restaurants to recommend for dinner in Lucerne? I have two nights there and do not want to waste time wandering around. A taste of Switzerland would be a good choice and a place where we can have a nice evening stroll??

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:13 AM
Lori

Many years ago we ate at the Old Swiss House, which was very good.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Ed

Old Swiss House - near the Lion Monument. Looked like a tourist joint 20 years ago, does today. But good food and service, and heavily patronized by locals. <BR> <BR>On the old town side of the Kappelbrücke you'll note several restaurants along the river east of the bridge with balconies. All serve good food, though a bit expensive ... but it's a lovely way to spend midday if there's space outside and the weather is fair, ditto for a pleasantly warm early evening. <BR> <BR>twenj <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:52 AM
Ursula

Nyet: If you like Asian good, go to The Hotel. Very in-place. <BR>The hippest hotel and restaurant in town. <BR>If I am correct, the website is just: <BR>www.hotel.ch <BR> <BR>Nice in places are the restaurants of the Hotels Hofgarten (vegetarin and yummy) or Rebstock, both close to the "Hofkirche". Both very nice places, the hotels as well as the restaurants. <BR>Hip places are also along the Rathausquai. Lucerne is fine for an evening stroll, just stay in the old part of it. It's very smallish. <BR>If you want to splurge, try the restaurant of the Hotel Wilden Mann or the Château Gütsch. Old Swiss House, yes, fine. For my personal taste, too many tourists. <BR>Enjoy Lucerne. <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 06:54 AM
Ursula

Sorry, it's <BR>www.the-hotel.ch

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Jim D.

I like the Pfistern Restaurant located beside the old rathaus alongside the river. After dinner you can do the scenic walk along the river; crossing over the Chapel Bridge. The restaurant food is good with a good variety of choices. <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 05:20 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Nyet <BR>A very excellant ristorante in Lucerne <BR>is the PADRINO, an Italian ristorante <BR>in the Grand Hotel National, have eaten there twice and was very impressed. <BR>041 410 41 50. <BR>The ristorante and stubi of the WILDEN MANN as mentioned by Ursula are both excellant, however a month ago when my nephew was at the Wilden Mann, both were <BR>closed for remodeling, however don't think they would keep both closed for <BR>a long period of time, especially during <BR>the tourist months. One other brought <BR>to mind is sthe steak house lCHURRASCO, <BR>in the old town area, also this chain <BR>has one in Zurich. Richard of La Grange Park, Il... <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 07:12 PM
Rex

Very fancy-schmancy - - and thus not to everyone's taste - - but very, very good, IMO - - le Pavillon at Schweizerhof-Luzern. I could have sworn that it was called la Rotonde when I was there (5 years ago) - - but looking at the website - - http://www.schweizerhof-luzern.ch/english/a02/a0001.htm - - I'm sure that it's the same place (even though the photo doesn't show much). <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Nyet

Thanks for all the recommendations. Will certainly let you know which we enjoyed the most when we get back. Thanks again.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 09:27 PM
Nyet

Thaks for all th e recommendations. Will certainly let you all know which ones we enjoyed the most.